Fred Salmon, so where did he go? Also rate his components

Re:

Horrendous saddle, same as a Raleigh branded one I took off a bike last year, still have it though, makes a handy doorstop :LOL:

I understand back in the day Fred used to race lots, despite being ancient!.

Have seen quite a few Fred Salmon bits recently, & it always seems his stuff is under rated.

So where is he now?

Also did Fred Salmon ever make a mountain bike?.

Components ---------- Bars, Stems, Grips, Quick Release. Can you add to the list?

Tar in curiosity...yes I know it killed the moggy :D

Passiflora
I the other day received 2 old muddy fox bikes when I stripped the blue one I noticed the bars were backwards.. took them out to have a look at them as I noticed the ends were internally shaped not round then noticed the salmon .. I'm now putting it together

Attachments

• IMG20220220144149.jpg
    IMG20220220144149.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG20220220144158.jpg
    IMG20220220144158.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG20220220171039.jpg
    IMG20220220171039.jpg
    736.1 KB · Views: 20
I took a leap with his riser bars. Nice looking kit if a bit heavy but the anodising was good.

OT soz…but Salmon really are the king of fish. I did research on them at Uni and worked traps in Ireland and their sheer power, majestic nature and smarts always blew me away. A fresh Feb springer on light tackle will teach you all about the fight for survival, forget Attenborough.

It would appear that Mr Salmon is marketing normal mineral oil as just about anything.

Stove and Grate polish and clipper oil on the popular auction site, mineral oil for chopping boards, etsyNZ.

I hate to dump on the guy but I now have two tiny and expensive bottles of mineral oil I'm supposed to polish my stove with and I won't be the first.

Also I'll be puting Royal Blood in my old Magura HS 33s thanks, not Freds offering.

Back