Frame saver / rust protection

I've a 1992 steel frame that I sourced here. seems to be very clean inside. It's to replace an identical model that I've had from 1992 ish (bb welded to the frame due to years of neglect).

The new frame, once I swap the parts over will hopefully last me another 30 years.

What's the general consensus re: spraying the inside of the tubes then, to hopefully keep rust at bay and prolong the life of the frame?

I've found this one online which gets good reviews as well as some of the recommendations above:

Acf-50 anti-corrosion spray

Here's a link to it (if it works..) https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/339233

Ive a good condition xtr headset already in the replacement frame which I dont want to take out again - I presume it can be left there and the spray still used.

Thanks in advance.

RUSTCHECK, if you can get it. Widely available here in Canada and probably the USA too but unsure about yonder. It's an oil, a creeping oil. Gets into all the tight places and remains there. In harsh climates like ours we heavily salt the roads in winter which is brutal on unprotected metal. This product was developed to solve the problem.

Back