FRAME DETECTIVES,i need your help !

Thanks for all your input so far,i have spent hours and hours on the web and have probably looked at every steel frame on Ebay for the last few months and zilch ! Measured the tubing and its not metric 531,the seat post size was measured by someone at work but i gave the seat tube a good clearing out and it takes a 26.8 post,blasting it has revealed nothing :( . Have put it next to my 82 Gran Sport ,note the bigger chain stays and the much slimmer seat stays on the mystery frame.Would love to find out what it is as its my size and looks like a good ride,would have thought the BB Shell might have jogged some memories.

After years of running down this same path I must admit that some bikes will never be identified. There have been hundreds of small manufacturers over the years who cranked out a few frames before stopping business, there are the side projects of known builders that carry no clear relation to the company's published line, the personal bikes made just for one rider and the myriad of bikes made by folk who were learning the trade. This combined with the fact that even big companies often had bad accounting with serial numbers and you have a very tough nut to crack. I have had about a dozen frames that I never came to a reasonable conclusion about manufacture and had to eventually just let it go. That said I did have one frame that years after I sold it I was able to correctly identify! so maybe just keep it up for a bit?

Steven

Latest posts

Back