Forks for Hei Hei

Neil G":1lpzta9v said:
Cheers for the info.
I can't remember the exact time I brought the bike, got the reciept somewhere so could find out but I think it's a '93 frame
Well that is quite a significant thing to establish - see examples below of the different decal styles and dropouts.

Attachments

• 1994 Hei Hei size 20.jpg
    1994 Hei Hei size 20.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,548
  • 1993 Hei Hei size 17.jpg
    1993 Hei Hei size 17.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,548
Caramba Kid":2xcr6ep9 said:
Anthony
The 1993 bike has 'bullet' drop outs too :?
Thought these came in for 1994?
Dave
I do have a photo of a bike with Merlin stays and 93 decals, but it has replacement decals, so we can't be sure of the dating. I think possibly the explanation might be that the switch from Merlin to TST may have been during 1993.

This 1992 bike is clearly by Merlin. Note also the canti bridge, which I don't think TST Hei Heis ever had.

Attachments

• 1992 Hei Hei size 19.jpg
    1992 Hei Hei size 19.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 1,540
Caramba Kid":3m3i3gwt said:
So mine must be a 1992 Merlin built Hei Hei :oops:
I think it must be Merlin-built, but I'm not sure of its age. I think the red edge to the decals of the bike above points to 92, but yours look like 93 decals (some didn't have the lines running through them). Have you tried sending the frame number to tech@konaworld.com ?

Anthony":2hprs03c said:
Neil G":2hprs03c said:
Cheers for the info.
I can't remember the exact time I brought the bike, got the reciept somewhere so could find out but I think it's a '93 frame
Well that is quite a significant thing to establish - see examples below of the different decal styles and dropouts.

Looking at those I'd say mine was the 93 model

Back