for the cyclist who has everything

Re:

Ah to be sure, to be sure, 'tis a thing of beauty lurking at the end of the rainbow (adopts unintentionally racist Irish leprechaun accent) :D

Re: Re:

Johnsqual":1yw51aew said:
Definitely more evidence that cycling is the new golf :( . Couldn't even get the length of the brake cables right.

If I had that kind of money to spend on a wall hanger bike, I'd spend it on a historic machine with a connection to a legendary rider, not this sort of willy-waving shite.

What like this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111472748042

From the same seller ...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

Montello":tjcibuk6 said:
Johnsqual":tjcibuk6 said:
Definitely more evidence that cycling is the new golf :( . Couldn't even get the length of the brake cables right.

If I had that kind of money to spend on a wall hanger bike, I'd spend it on a historic machine with a connection to a legendary rider, not this sort of willy-waving shite.

What like this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111472748042

From the same seller ...

Well at least they got the cables right on that one.

I'd prefer this anyway, although no idea what it would cost or where to find one like it:

http://2velo.com/gios-torino-record-cyc ... taly-1975/

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I agree with Spokessmann, I don't see the point but even if I had a historic machine with a link to a cycling legend I'd still ride it , rather than hang it on the wall

Re:

Agree with sentiments above. He's ruined a beautiful classic bike, all it needs now is 700c spinners to complete this sad look.

Just leave it alone...why dontya?

clearly forum members with not enough money nor the understanding to 'get it'...same old same old

tonyf39":1o4qtkkz said:
clearly forum members with not enough money nor the understanding to 'get it'...same old same old

Indeed; if you can afford a $75,000 wall hanger you can also afford plenty of bikes to ride ...

I can't see that Miguel Indurain Pinarello being that much fun to ride other than to have a quick spin to feel what it is like ...

tonyf39":35cwyzsz said:

No, I guess as a member of the unwashed hoi polloi I don't really understand the mentality of the super rich at all.

The over gold bling Colnago seems to be a way of taking a perfectly good working bike and making it more or less unrideable (unless you want to 'ruin' that bloke's handywork). I don't really understand why you'd want to do that to a machine that's designed to be used (as opposed to a real artwork, which isn't).

The reason I would have doubts about riding a really historic machine would be that the process of restoring such a bike might destroy the history preserved in the dirt, scratches and mechanical problems. If a bike was involved in a famous crash, for example, you'd probably want to keep the crash damage as it is. If the bike's rideable or could be made rideable without ruining the historical aspects, I'd probably at least be tempted have a go on it.

Back