Sold FOR SALE/TRADE: 1992 Kona Kilauea

Good question.

I guess I'm looking at it from the point of view of just being able to ride it. I've got an old Marin which I'm umming and aahing about getting sprayed, new decals, etc. So I'm looking at something I can just ride and enjoy - I don't want or need another project - and something I can use while I do strip down the old Marin. Looks like yours would fit the bill (and I always lusted after Kona's when I was a teenager).

So, getting to the point, shots of any damage or wear to the frame (and decals)? I appreciate it won't be immaculate (and not sure I'd want one actually immaculate) but I don't want to get it and then start obsessing about smartening it up a bit. (I don't necessarily want immaculate, but I don't want to go too scruffy - if that makes sense.)

There's probably the odd scratch/scuff around the frame - but there's definitely no damage.

From memory I took some of the Joe-Murray decals off - as it was 'too busy'. Not sure which ones, but almost certainly the massive 'project two' ones from the front forks.

I'll get some pics tomorrow evening and post up (hopefully before 9pm).

Cheers.

Thanks for the extra photos.

I know MTBs are supposed to be covered in mud :LOL: but it is a bit hard to see the condition of the bike - hard to tell what the mud is hiding (e.g. around the headset).

The Hundredth Idiot":3mn98x09 said:
Thanks for the extra photos.

I know MTBs are supposed to be covered in mud :LOL: but it is a bit hard to see the condition of the bike - hard to tell what the mud is hiding (e.g. around the headset).

You mean the bottom of the headset/top of the fork? Quick wipe with a rag...

All good ;)

Back