For Sale: Big Shimano Sell Off

Bugger, were the top pair of skewers DX?

Really could do with a pair of those :(

M500 Exage 500LX rear mech. Scruffy but complete £4 posted UK

Can you put this to one side for me please Mark?

I'll pick it up at the weekend and pay for it with a bacon bap.

drystonepaul":30u8dvuh said:
M500 Exage 500LX rear mech. Scruffy but complete £4 posted UK

Can you put this to one side for me please Mark?

I'll pick it up at the weekend and pay for it with a bacon bap.
Will do DSP

Re:

Hi, I'm moving the full setup from an early 90's Marin bear valley onto an Indian fire trail frame and the front mech clamp is too small as the Indian fire tube is 34.9mm. The one I'm replacing is an old 7 speed triple ring shimano lx but I'm having trouble finding out the part number. I'm hoping one of the endless band front mechs will do the job. This is my first project and its the last part I need so if this isn't going t work any advice on what I should be looking for would be much appreciated.

Re:

You don't have to get an endless band one mate, plenty of 34.9 mechs about. Is the gear cable routed along the top or bottom of your bike? That will determine the type you need.

Good thread resurrection btw! :LOL:

Re:

Bit of a novice so unsure the minimum so it's compatible. I'm looking at 34.9 clamp, triple ring, 7 or 8 speed bottom entry. Should I be looking out for anything else? If you could advise would really appreciate it. The one I'm replacing is bottom entry btw.

Re:

Is five years a record...? ;)

Sounds like all the info you need - 34.9mm bottom pull, sorted. Plenty available, although if you want to keep it original then it may take a little more finding. One will turn up though. M-number could be inside the band, on the rear of the body or the inside of the back plate - it'll be there somewhere!

Back