For Sale For Sale 1998 Kona Explosif Frame 19'' Reynolds 853

Paul R

Senior Retro Guru
Sadly up for sale is my 1998 Kona Explosif Frame 19'' with Reynolds 853 tubing I’ve had it about 2 years and just used it on the road with smooth tyres on.

When I got it it is was a bit untidy paintwork wise, So I spent a good amount of time getting the paint matched to touch it in which wasn’t easy with it being a translucent blue but I got there. The lacquer was also touched in and all polished back flush the whole frame had a 3 stage polish as well. After that it was all waxed with Collinite 476s to protect the shine, Zefal frame protection was applied to the down tube and top tube and other impact/cable rub areas. I also purchased a new Reynolds 853 decal from Reynolds themselves.

Sadly it does have a dent under the downtube from the previous owner but you can’t see it when it’s the right way up luckily.

It’s been a great fun steed but sadly it seems I’m more suited to a 20” frame so this has to go.

I have just polished and waxed it again for the sale photos so it’s all protected once more. I will also include the colour matched paint I got for it as it won’t be any use to me.

Due the time and effort I’ve spent on it it would be nice to get £250 with fully insured post for it which is a smidge more than I paid for it.

The project thread for it is here
https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/the-1998-kona-explosif-restomod-project.439333/
Cheers

DSC 0741.JPG DSC_0729.JPG DSC_0730.JPG DSC_0741.JPG DSC_0742.JPG DSC_3410.JPG DSC_3414.JPG DSC_3498.JPG DSC_3499.JPG DSC_3504.JPG

Last edited:
Back