FOES LTS 1995 BIG RED

Brake parts turned up; Evo mounts and old school boosters.

DSCN0711_zps8fa0j8jg.jpg

DSCN0713_zpsgmxjj3yf.jpg

Jeffro

I managed to spend a couple of hours on this over the weekend.

The forks required some spacers to account for the new slightly longer stanchions, so I got some 25mm delrin and shaped with a bushmechanics CNC;

DSCN0715_zps9wakyjmk.jpg

DSCN0714_zpsbd8goagw.jpg

A lathe would be nice but this technique got me within a mm or so.

Bike now holds it's own weight with the spacer in the forks and a cheap shock I sourced, more for the exercise in determining the correct shock size. This one looks like it will be OK but it has limited adjustability. It is probably 10 times better than the best one could buy in 1995!

DSCN0716_zpsgh3uvaf5.jpg

It's not everyday a brand new Spinergy wheel turns up in the mail. Never had a tyre fitted! The seller did not have a rear unfortunately.

DSCN0717_zps9zhveilg.jpg

So the sticking point is still the swingarm, and some better shock mounting hardware.

Aside from that am approaching something that I can ride!

Jeffro

Re:

I finally got the swing arm repaired. It looks about as good as it could under the circumstances.

DSCN0442_zpseukilnxa.jpg

DSCN0448_zps8japfwhj.jpg

DSCN0452_zps8vdj7jkm.jpg

DSCN0460_zpstagyzkap.jpg

Jeffro

That's coming along real nice..

Its one of the few bikes I've seen on black walled tyres that isn't screaming out for Amber walls, infact I think with those wheels they look spot on.

but have you ridden it yet?

dalecooper":auo9orya said:
Wow! Looks really good so far! Nice work you did on the swingarm. Did you testride it yet?

Haha I can't weld like that! The repair looks good and was done by a WRC engineer who is quite confident with the outcome.

It has only been around the block at midnight last night.

The brakes works and the gears work. The suspension feels as good as I can tell BUT I do not trust that Spinergy rear wheel. The spoked wheels will be installed for real world use, and the spinergy's can go back on whilst it hangs on the wall.

Jeffro

Retro Spud":352nd83a said:
That's coming along real nice..

Its one of the few bikes I've seen on black walled tyres that isn't screaming out for Amber walls, infact I think with those wheels they look spot on.

but have you ridden it yet?

Thanks Spud.

I am planning a proper ride this weekend, though I will be starting out slow - there is bound to be a loose bolt or two!

The tyres were given to me and probably are a little later vintage than they should be.

I initially intended to have more black on the bike, and agree they look they part, so maybe they will stay there?!

Jeffro

Re:

Its a shame that some people dont know how or why to be honest when they sell something, but i admire your determination. I think that looks rather tidy indeed :cool:

Sean

Back