FOES LTS 1995 BIG RED

beepbeep":1r63ltzt said:
Glad you found yourself a project, but what a disappointment with the crack and forks! :evil:
I don't understand how these people live with themselves. Ebay is always a bit of a gamble though unfortunately.

The build is coming along nicely, glad you're using Racelines! They look great with the red main-frame.

Thanks Neil, despite the set backs, I think this will still be a good thing. There may have been an M1 arrive recently too. :LOL:

Jeffro

Some people completely suck!
Nice to see you pushing through the set backs, those rear triangles were prone to cracks, esp this far down the track.
Looks like a work of art, I remember the hype, I remember guys talking about how hard they were pushing them too.
Nice.

Re:

Damn shame. I actually had a spare foes swingarm but I gave it away for peanuts a year or two ago. Not sure what happened to it, I'd have donated it to you for sure.

Re:

Such bad luck. I nearly pulled the trigger on this myself but I already have 7 bikes to build that I won't be getting to anytime soon. :facepalm: I remember watching Katrina Miller race one at Australian national series races in the 90s and wanting one so bad.

Gripsport in Melbourne are well known for their frame repairs, hope the rebuild goes well for you.

http://gripsport.com.au

Re: Re:

stevet1":eudiw24d said:
Damn shame. I actually had a spare foes swingarm but I gave it away for peanuts a year or two ago. Not sure what happened to it, I'd have donated it to you for sure.

Haha that is cruel, have been watching ebay like a hawk and no luck yet!

Jeffro

Re:

A bunch of spares for the forks turned up this week.

The original DC110 fork stanchions are no longer available, however some boxxer stanchions are close, albeit slightly longer and most irritatingly, a different colour. Had a brief look at anodizing providers and this may still be an option down the track.

DSCN0659_zpseoniqyrz.jpg

DSCN0663_zpsuoqxdajn.jpg

I will be making some 1 inch spacers to account for the discrepancy, and running the forks stanchions protruding over the upper clamp a little to compensate, but at least I know I have something strong under me.

The damping cartridge was half full of air when I received it, so I ordered new seals for it too. The bleeding process is not so intuitive on this system, it is a bit of a PITA, but I got there. It tends to hydrolock with the seals half pressed in if you do not have the oil level 100% correct.

DSCN0665_zpsuv2rbikn.jpg

DSCN0666_zpswtp41qvy.jpg

DSCN0667_zpsombnyjkh.jpg

Starting to look like a bike

DSCN0670_zpspxw9g7ka.jpg

DSCN0674_zpsxd9rqkdh.jpg

I am not so happy with the way the Magura's mount to the forks. Am seeking some alernatives here......more to come.

Jeffro

Got a hold of some 6061 75x75x6mm angle for the swingarm.

DSCN0678_zpsvbg1hqrw.jpg

DSCN0677_zpshef0yzlj.jpg

DSCN0679_zpsgd3yuxyk.jpg

DSCN0680_zpskh0hgyjq.jpg

Still a lot of shaping to go but you get the idea..........

DSCN0698_zpsqviwt4km.jpg

DSCN0699_zpsogy5emx2.jpg

Jeffro

Back