flat or grooved retro saddles

I'd certainly second the Regal. the other one which really works fro me is the San Marco Bontrager. There's a scruffy one come up in the small ads here in the last couple of days that would be worth a try if you get on with it.

I used to like the whole flatter rear end of the Turbo & Flite. The half-round section Concor and such felt like sitting along a log.

However, as I've got older and everything's gone a bit loose :shock: I've got to like these:
8_66562_20_01_11.jpg
wtb-rocket-v-saddle-oe-.jpg

WTB Rocket V, £30 or so...they have the nice solid flat bit for the sit bones, but have the groove and concave front/back profile to let the blood flow through your bits.

A bit like the Charge Spoon, it's not got much of a groove really, I think it's the concave shape that makes the difference.
I suppose the shape's a lot like a well used Brooks...but straight out of the box.

All the best,

Always been an issue for me getting my bum comfy. Charge knife/spoon have been good for me on various bikes, my girlfriend even had the women's version fitted to her Klein (ladel) and has no pain since..

Retro for display

Yes keep the Retro saddles for display only.

I think you can't beat Specialized saddles with their BG Fit range. They will measure your sit bones and size accordingly. You also get the channel down the middle.

The Toupe works well and I have used this on 12 hour endurance events.

I have also used an SMP saddle on my racing bike and that was for a 350 mile ride a couple of weeks ago. These saddles are awesome but mine was £180 (ouch!).

Thanks

numb bum

What is the smp saddle that you have Baldyz1. They do loads so it's a bit of a maze trying to sort out which is best.
Any chance of posting a photo of your bike with it on?

Glider

Mine is the Glider but smp use models to dictate size e.g. The Glider is equivalent to a 143mm.

The importer will let you buy and try and then change if the size is not right.

Cheers

Back