fisher supercaliber

BG":263sv5ut said:
EDIT: oops just looked at how old this thread is! AND you've already sold on the bike!... was just doing a seach for 'supercaliber' and got this thread... sorry to dredge up old history!

------

I can't remember where I got this scan from - may even have been from this site... from the '95 catalogue.

A mate of mind had one of these and loved it 'til it got nicked.

very very nice frame... if a bit fragile.

Nothing wrong with Treks IMO.

Now if anyone can help me out with a catalogue scan of the Supercaliber from 1991 I'll be happy!

I really like this bike, and one thing it has on the Trek, is the color scheme. The years this bike was being distributed under the gary fisher name, Trek did not have the same colors, and also tended to place a lot more decals on their version, making it look a bit garish.

Gary Fisher amde these in solid toned down colors: hunter green, black, and pewter with few decals. Superlight and good looking for carbon fiber. I've owned a few of these...yes, one broke, but otherwise, I've really loved them.

I currently have one built just like the ad above- it's a 1994, and I have another one in green that just got deconstructed, and is now sitting as a frame.

Yes, these were Treks, but with a gray fisher twist....plus the OCLV tubing was cool and cutting edge for mass produced mountain bikes at the time. OCLV was only used on the trek roadbikes; trek used a lugged carbon bike for their mountain bike line. Gary Fisher went back to Easton tubing on the supercaliber and procaliber after just a few years with the OCLV.

Back