Fisher owners?

[quoteYou don't see those RS-1's very often, so I would say; strip and paint it and make it as original as possible! Do you have an RockShox RS1 for it?[/quote]

I do have a RockShox RS1 and a Mag 21 which I believe was the stock fork but I plan to change it up and use a Mountain Cycle Suspenders fork w/ Pro Stop disc brakes front and rear. It wont be original, but it will be built with parts from the early nineties. Taking apart the frame, a few seized bolts I am contending with now.

gary fisher

just arrived today a gary fisher Hoo Koo E Koo 1992 e-stay so happy but camera has decided to pack up so i will wait till its fully built to show it off

if any one else has one could they please contact me as i need some pictures of decals as there is no good pictures of this bike online

quasimoto73":15hj7feu said:
[quoteYou don't see those RS-1's very often, so I would say; strip and paint it and make it as original as possible! Do you have an RockShox RS1 for it?

The RS-1 originally came with a first gen Hope mechanical disc brake in the back and canti's or later V-Brakes in the front on either a Mag 20-21 RockShox or a Lawwill Leader fork. The Pro Stop brake was tried, but was really crap (it would get hot and literally lock up after a long descent down the mountain) and discarded. Here is a pic. of the first RS-1 with Gary Fisher holding it. It was my bike after Gary, then I sold it to a friend here in Fairfax, who still owns it! Pat

Attachments

• Gary+RS-1.jpg
    Gary+RS-1.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 3,894
FairfaxPat, Thanks for the reply and the pic. I am hoping to get mine up and running and yes I heard the prostops were problematic and I do have a Hope disc that was designed for this bike so I may swap them out. I would really love to use an original Lawwill but I would have to have a disc break and stem made to use it. The Lawwill 2 and 3 that I have are slated for other projects once the time and money comes around. I have these Suspenders forks and Pro-Stop brakes so I thought I would give them a try. Tragically the steer tubes on both the forks are about 5.5 inches long and the head tube without the headset is 4.5 inches. Too many problems and not enough time and money unfortunately for a quick fix.
CIMG0681.jpg

CIMG0682.jpg

Ahem.

ooops, pics is pre disc brake conversion that will upset some. :evil:

Attachments

• DSC04351.JPG
    DSC04351.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 3,796
any idea?

Hi Guys - any idea what model/year this frame may be?
Cheers Dan

Attachments

• 160793760_full.jpg
    160793760_full.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 3,554
Re: any idea?

danielroper":2ao09xja said:
Hi Guys - any idea what model/year this frame may be?
Cheers Dan

Hi Dan,

Looking at the decals it has to be 1990 or 1991. And I guess it's a 1990 Gary Fisher Advance. Not sure though!

Cheers,
Bart

By the way, got myself a new Fisher: :D

1987 Gary Fisher Montare

Attachments

• 1987 Fisher Montare 1.jpg
    1987 Fisher Montare 1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 3,595
  • 1987 Fisher Montare 2.jpg
    1987 Fisher Montare 2.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 3,595
RS-1 disc brakes

stumpjumper1990":1cai1pkd said:
quasimoto73":1cai1pkd said:
Hello, first post here. I'm looking to build up a 93 Fisher RS-1, I believe I have everything I am needing but now I need to decide whether to strip the paint or leave the badly chipped purple paint.

You don't see those RS-1's very often, so I would say; strip and paint it and make it as original as possible! Do you have an RockShox RS1 for it?

Hello, I'm an italian Gary Fisher fan. I own two complete RS-1, the first with Pro Stop rear disc and cantilever on MAG 21 on front, the second with HOPE disc front and rear, and Lawwill pre production fork (bike was owned to Mert Lawwill).
I will post some photo later.
Anybody knows wat kind of brake fluid (mineral or dot) was used in early Pro Stop calipers? Thanks to all

Back