First Road Bike - Identification Help Appreciated

Re: Re:

coomber":1kwwyw88 said:
Thanks to foz for supplying a great set of wheels.
I was looking at the wheels, very classy.

I have a very similar set of rims, but they have no brake surface, so are really for track bikes (which I didn't realise when I bought them).

NeilM":2yshhi5g said:
coomber":2yshhi5g said:

I have a very similar set of rims, but they have no brake surface, so are really for track bikes (which I didn't realise when I bought them).

Well mine seem to brake ok so I may be in luck.

Gearing is quite hard on this, so going to give it a nice flat route blast later in the week for a proper shakedown and will report back. The hills near me would kill me on this at the moment.

NeilM":16wtmifw said:
coomber":16wtmifw said:

If yours are also Wolber TX profil, as the yellow sticker I make out on the pics should state, they are not restricted to track bikes I believe

its true the flange of th rim is not entirely flat and machined as it wears also an anodising but its a popular rim of the 80's on road bikes as it had a slight profile and was different from the competitor Mavic G40

often seen coupled with mavic 501 hubs :idea:

the issue with these rims is that as the anodizing wears out, the flange is not very good looking agfter many miles :?

Not sure it's a Moser. I will have a search again and see what I can find.

Here's some pics as it stands:

Nice chrome:

Anyone know where to buy a new hood?
[URL=http://s819.photobucket.com/user/hilariousadrian/media/P1020458_zps07589622.jpg.html]
P1020454_zps19e45ca3.jpg
[/URL]
Love or hate paint

Re:

That looks great, but those gears look like they will be hard work up hill. :mrgreen:

I'm using it for flat rides only at the mo. Don't have the fitness for it. Nice on the flats though, can pick up speed ridiculously quick.

I've never ridden a truly great steel frame, so the ride is something else to me. It's hard to describe, amazing though. Springy yet direct, feels like every turn of the cranks propels you so far.

coomber":r6vofcfa said:
It's hard to describe, amazing though. Springy yet direct, feels like every turn of the cranks propels you so far.
Sounds about right.

Good, init.

Back