FINISHED! - More or Less NOS Pace RC200 F1

Re: New project - More or Less NOS Pace RC200 F1

So leaning towards the Gold parts - anyone got any ideas on colour for the RC30s?

I was wondering about a half-matt black, to try and match the frame, or going with a really deep gloss Obsidian black.....

RickTheUncivil":1mx6yi4i said:
bars? I thought you had silver bars?

My mistake :facepalm: I meant the RC30s, the forks

The bars are the Gold RC130s, they just look a bit silver in the pic

VIEV7929 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

I say if you can match the frame with EXACTLY the right gloss it would look ok, but a little bit odd and it would look a bit pants.

Proper gloss might not be to bad as it would contrast and match at the same time.

You could have the forks chromed to match the bars.

need to be matt black legs with gold crown and dropouts

Getting there....XC Pro mech ordered, so basically just the matching thumb-shifters left.

May swap out the SPuDs for XC Pro pedals if I can find a decent pair at a reasonable price

Untitled by Bollox2u, on Flickr

Re:

Alec, just a wee heads-up re the Suntour SE brakes, looks like you have two pairs... found this online:

"They are front/rear specific. As the brake arm rotates inward, it should also move slightly in the direction of the rim rotation, hence the self-energizing mechanism. It turns the forward momentum of the rim into a motion that reinforces the brakes being engaged."

Not sure if you have front specific or not, I ran Campag cantis on the front of my Alves many moons ago so can't vouch for how grippy/overkill SE brakes would be on the front, but they worked well on the rear! :cool:

Attachments

• Campagnolo%20Olympus.jpg
    Campagnolo%20Olympus.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 574
Back