Finally I buy my first ever Klein (1998!! Attitude Comp)

The Vicar":1rr6k1c2 said:
i will see what i can do-i am not the most techologically up to date vicar in uk

But you are a vicar with a Klein brochure, and that's what's more important to me! lol :)

and whilst a believer that steel is real who also has an 01 attitude exactly as shown earlier on in the thread tho race face upgraded

Yeah saw this for sale on the net there late last year, i'd say yeah defo a 99, made in 98 for a 99 release as serials go....logo changed to this version in 99 also, so yes post-trek...still nice bikes though...I picked up a 97 Attitude race with 96 serials but the race wasn't released until 97 so like yours it was made before that year...would also be considered post trek but was still made in the old factory to the same standards, most notable difference on mine is the head tube when compared to the 96 and earlier Attitudes (no bulge like earlier models)....so defo a 97....had it been made in 96 to the same design as the 96 it would be considered pre-trek even though Trek bought it in 95...I still love it, if I had the money to collect them I would, the nicest bikes I've ever had the pleasure of riding or seeing online, works of art, and pieces of history, I hope I never have to buy another bike unless it's a nice Klein.....happy trailing.

SANY0009SM.jpg

Finally got round to tsking some pics of the old girl on a ride today....
Salcey7_3_10001.jpg

Salcey7_3_10004.jpg

Salcey7_3_10006.jpg

Salcey7_3_10002.jpg

I really love the way this Klein rides, I was expecting it to be over-rigid, but it's surprisingly supple. :cool:
Steve

Lol, I can't believe it was you that snapped this one up as well. The moment I saw her advertised I was full steam ahead until I saw that the deal had already been done..... I must up my game sir ;) Lovely buy there.

Cheers Nick,

Yeah I have been lucky ;) with a couple of purchases here in the past, and this is definitely one of them. I adore the way it rides, and is definitely my workhorse of the fleet... :)

SF Klein":1cj99h5i said:
Interesting that there's a "T" in the serial number. T typically indicates an Attitude serial number from the pre-Trek days. Post-Trek, the Attitudes had, I believe, an L in the serial number because Klein started tubes from the Pulse.

I think and this is a guess that when trek bought Klein they bought left over tube sets and if i guess right i would think that when the bb tube was made in say 95/96 it was then left in stock and when trek bought Klein they just used all there old stock first then stamped it when it was connected to a bike, so the t i would presume means attitude due to the fact that the part is from an old attitude.

only a guess and im sure i put that all wrong

thanks andy

Back