Final touch - bar ends - yes or no?

MJN":3c3eg3z1 said:
If by club roost bars you mean risers,then NO :LOL:

Club Roost did do some straight XC bars bitd.

Personally I fit barends whatever bar I have. Just don't fit another set of barends on the first pair. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Bar ends are useful for a change of grip but I prefer the cleaner look of a flat bar without them and I've never missed bar ends since taking 'em off.

I prefer the cleaner look, too but anytime I finished a build without barends I found myself attaching barends to the bars after the first ride. :LOL:

stevek":ca1pofsc said:
Bar ends are useful for a change of grip but I prefer the cleaner look of a flat bar without them and I've never missed bar ends since taking 'em off.

spot on :mrgreen:

Old Fisher":39bf508y said:
Yep they are flat bars - IDB.

Then bar ends are ok by me,I don't use them at the moment but on long rides and climbs they are missed!

I was beginning to wonder that too
b/ends with flat bars only
If you put them on risers then you can leave this site and never darken our door again :shock:

Update - finished the build on thursday and went without bar ends as it looked SO clean without them!

Took it for a proper offroad shake down yesterday and it was fine.

I never used to have them - put a pair of X-lite's on there and they looked cool and I loved having then, been riding a bike recently and i miss the lack of bar ends.
I do live in cornwall though, a county of slow, long climbs.........

Back