Fife and Tayside rides thread

Re: East Coast Rides Thread

Unusually I'm free for a bike run this Sunday so before Keithyr says lets all do Fife again, fabulous though Fife is, anyone for a pootle around my local trails centred on Loanhead, Midlothian. ;)

I'd be up for that Velo, missed it the last time.

fife has mair snaw than a snawy thing just now anyways.

i can take 2 others inc bikes also.

wotcha thinking on routes ?

Just a circuit from my hoose linking wee bits of wasteground and woodland paths including mud, steps, steep ups and downs and general mucking about. Rough plan Loanhead to Lasswade to Polton to Roslin to Loanhead. There will be sections of Tarmac and a pub can be thrown in for a swift beer. Any mtb will be fine, retro or modern.

OK its a go then, so say meet at my hoose for 10am-1030am on Sunday.

Address is 130 The Loan, Loanhead, Midlothian EH20 9AJ, the tiny blue car is on the drive way again :roll:

MOB Number: 07595718137

There will be techy sections of trail but there will also be duller bits of road and cycle path plus at least one knee popping tarmac climb. Midlothian is scattered with wee bits of entertaining mtb trails but not one seamless route.

Cheers :D

braw , gonna bring the breezer i think

ZZ - you wanting a lift from mine or even meet at inverkeithing and take the 1 car or is it easier for you to go straight from slumkirk ?

Slumkirk :shock: bit rich from a Slumfermliner :LOL:

Anyways you guys dont know the horrors of Loanhead ;)

velomaniac":yz8xhla1 said:
Slumkirk :shock: bit rich from a Slumfermliner :LOL:

Anyways you guys dont know the horrors of Loanhead ;)

Whit ur ye moanin aboot?

At least ye've got a Miners Welfare wi a boolin club and Bilston Glen pit's no there anymair replaced wi a nice industrial estate at the back o Herd Terrace. Actually worked there putting in foundations/groundworks for the building between the bakery and Herd Terrace. The baking aroma used to drive us mental, couldnae wait tae piece-time.
My memory is playing tricks though, was there part of the British Geological Survey across road from industrial estate?

Aye Geological Survey's equipment store is across from the entrance to the Industrial Estate. They got all sorts in there, cranes, heavy plant, boats and submarines. My next door neighbour works there, he has the shortest cycle commute going, quarter of a mile in a straight line.

Oh aye and we've got another bowling green a hundred yards from the miners welfare one. Loanhead though does lack some of the splendour of the other two slum toons mentioned. People generally only go there if they live there or are lost :LOL:

Back