Fife and Tayside rides thread

Re:

Full blowing blizzard outside flat in Edinburgh :shock:

Met office upgraded warning to Red, certainly quite extreme by Edinburgh standards.

yep 1st time since 2013 there has been a red but 1st for scotland.

same here velo, full blown blizzard and drifting snow.

keithyr":3d90nkoc said:
so hows the snow for everybody?

think i'll be fat biking from the door at the weekend, looks great lol.

That poor guy at Comrie is never gonna get those forks!

Re:

As a 5 star rated trader I like to look after my customers, I’ve been in regular contact with the lad and he is in no rush lol.

Def need to get up though lol

keithyr":6wl73spw said:

Getting out our door might be a problem, the snow is almost up to the gutters of our extension, it's 3 feet deep at least in back garden. There's cornices on the drifts FFS. There's a 5 feet drift half burying our cars that reaches out behind them to the main road, we're mere feet away from road and cannae get there. The main road past us to Glenrothes/Vane Farm RSPB is open though and I think road up to Kinross has been opened but not sure, was shut yesterday.
Where we live means that if there's snow and an easterly blast of wind the snow gets blown from the several fields between us and Loch Leven which is about a mile away. We're getting ready to venture out to dig out the cars shortly, will take a few pics first.

We may be some time..........

Re:

mind tie a bright bow tae yer pony tail so the lassies can find ye if ye disappear intae a drift :mrgreen:

just cleared two drives here, next is the auld guys across the road then the section of road on our block, about the only time community spirit comes to the fore around here!

old_coyote_pedaller":9k16estj said:
keithyr":9k16estj said:

Getting out our door might be a problem, the snow is almost up to the gutters of our extension, it's 3 feet deep at least in back garden. There's cornices on the drifts FFS. There's a 5 feet drift half burying our cars that reaches out behind them to the main road, we're mere feet away from road and cannae get there. The main road past us to Glenrothes/Vane Farm RSPB is open though and I think road up to Kinross has been opened but not sure, was shut yesterday.
Where we live means that if there's snow and an easterly blast of wind the snow gets blown from the several fields between us and Loch Leven which is about a mile away. We're getting ready to venture out to dig out the cars shortly, will take a few pics first.

And if your a Hobbit it's a very precarious time in the Shire :mrgreen:

RobMac":dzf5o2qy said:
old_coyote_pedaller":dzf5o2qy said:
keithyr":dzf5o2qy said:

And if your a Hobbit it's a very precarious time in the Shire :mrgreen:

Shuttit Gollum. ;)

Re:

We're back fae the frozen wastes of our drive/gairden.
The big drift that is behind the cars is 5 feet going down to 3 feet high and 4 to 5 metres broad, no chance of digging that out today. So, because I couldn't move my car forward or back at all, I put it on full left lock and skited the front end sideways so I could get over in to our lane that only had a foot or so of snow which was easier to clear than the big drift.
Been up to Kinross for provisions, there's feck all bread, milk or even a single tattie :shock: , mental panic buying. :facepalm:

Went up the motorway as the other road looked iffy but came back down it, big feckin' mistake. There were 2 Landrover Discoverys in front of me, the drifts at side of road were higher than their roofs, think they'd use a snowblower to open road, most of it is basically just wider than one lane with vertical snow at sides. There's 3 cars abandoned within a short 50 metre stretch, 2 of them have been burnt out. WTF? The road had a Police Road Closed sign up at our road end when I got back that hadn't been there when I went up but nowt as you left Kinross though when I came back down. It'll definitely be blocked again tonight.

Back