Fife and Tayside rides thread

woah woah there....I'm always completely lost when i go round with clubby so take no responsibility for finding new trails lol.

So saturday Aaron, meet you in the clink around half 10 latest?

John - Sunday lomonds or benarty depending on weather, I'll get ye at yer hoose around 10.15 unless ye fancy giving kelty a try instead ? might be aa bit misty on sunday morning according to forecast so we can play it by ear.

Re:

e14482.gif

Re:

Went for a ride up Benarty this afternoon to see how far the FC have got with their felling. They've basically destroyed the trail through the woods at the Vane Farm end of hill :shock: , about the last quarter of it left, the rest invisible, chewed up and branches everywhere.
The howf in the woods is gone, not jist removed, feck me it's been torched :shock: . The pine-needle litter on the ground upwind of it was still smoking, the trees the builders had used as the 4 corner uprights are still standing but are charred on the sides facing the howf. Can't believe the FC guys would actually take the risk of setting fire to it when it's so dry.
They've moved along the woods at edge of wall between open hillside and south face of Benarty towards where we climb over wall to getonto hillside to trig point. Couldn't see them but could hear the machine above the steps path area.

Aye looking forward to it mate.

John that's a nightmare as we did all the effort to clear a path off the hill at the end of the trig point run.

Any other options to get off the hill, maybe head back up along the stone dyke?

Back