FFS! got to go to court...

Kestonian":2r1r139l said:
It's because she will have needed a hire car while her car was repaired. And the repair to her car would have been "delayed", meaning she would have needed a hire car for longer, at inflated rates.

It's a scam played by the insurance / repair / hire companies with enormous success.

It must be. Someone crashed into the back of our car once. An open and shut case with fault admitted. We then had an approved hire care company ringing us at least five times a day trying to get us to take one of their cars. I explained we didn't need it as we have two other cars and what's the point of adding hugely to the size of the claim when it can only lead to higher premiums for all? They got increasingly aggresive and pushy over a period of a week or so ending up with the 'boss' asking me what my problem was. In the end I said yes we would have it and would they be as kind to furnish me with their head office address. I went on to explain that I would make my first journey straight trough the largest window they had.

They got the message.

Back