FFS! got to go to court...

legrandefromage":2xhzmvon said:
Wu-Tangled":2xhzmvon said:
I'm a bit disheartened to see you drive a Mondeo. I kind of liked the image I had of you wandering about with a rag and bone man's barrow or horse and cart...picking up retro bin bargains. ;)

Thats no longer mine - in typical 'legrandefromage' style, I sold for £350 with 378,000 miles on the clock.

Its still a taxi now with 420,000 miles.

please tell me you bought it for £349 with 12 miles on the clock. :LOL:

Wu-Tangled":1ytvntkz said:
legrandefromage":1ytvntkz said:
Wu-Tangled":1ytvntkz said:
I'm a bit disheartened to see you drive a Mondeo. I kind of liked the image I had of you wandering about with a rag and bone man's barrow or horse and cart...picking up retro bin bargains. ;)

Thats no longer mine - in typical 'legrandefromage' style, I sold for £350 with 378,000 miles on the clock.

Its still a taxi now with 420,000 miles.

please tell me you bought it for £349 with 12 miles on the clock. :LOL:

Sorry, £1200 as a fully registered taxi with only 263,000 miles.

would it be equally dissapointing to know that I now drive a Passat?

that's got to be the best spent £850 ever. :)

driving at all is disheartening.

Walking the streets paved in gold like a tinker on the scavenge towing a small hand cart...that's how I shall imagine you.

:LOL:

rag_and_bone_300_300x300.jpg

It's because she will have needed a hire car while her car was repaired. And the repair to her car would have been "delayed", meaning she would have needed a hire car for longer, at inflated rates.

It's a scam played by the insurance / repair / hire companies with enormous success.

I can understand how the costs (and therefore the claim) could escalate, but I can't see why LGF is responsible if somebody drove into him or why the insurance company isn't sorting it all out.

Did you inform the local Police and did they make a collision report? This is a legal requirement in cases where persons suffered an injury. If no injury was caused then drivers need to just exchange details to comply with s.170 of the Road Traffic Act.

I'm not sure but I think that any claims must be made within 3 years of the accident in order for Civil Court Proceedings to take place and 6 months for Summary Proceedings at Magistrates Court. The police don't even use the term 'accident' they will say collision as there is always a cause, mechanical failure or driver error.

Negligence is an important part of any claim as the majority of Police Reports are found to identify a driver that was negligent by driving without due care and consideration. When spoken to by the boys (and girls) in blue a lot of drivers will admit liability there and then.

Sounds like a personal injury claim to me rather than damage but could be wrong. Get on the phone to your insurers and play hell this is why we pay such stupid premiums, so let them do the work and take the stress away from you.

My advice to anyone involve in a minor (damage only) or injury RTC is to contact the Police either at scene or your local Police Station. If you can't exchange details with the other driver at scene then you MUST report the RTC to your local police within 24 hours. Get a record of what occurred put down in black and white. For non-injury RTC's the Police will complete a minor RTC booklet which is then held for future reference.

Compensation Culture is growing here, we've all seen the adverts on TV, make sure you are covered and in my own opinion even if the driver of the other car was at scene and you did exchange details I'd still report it to the police as unfortunately there are a lot of dishonest drivers out there. Try to get a description of the driver and get the registration number, make, model and colour as there are surprisingly a lot of cars on our roads with fake plates and uninsured nobs driving them

LGF if you need some advice PM me mate

Mike":2dy17wpx said:
but I can't see why LGF is responsible if somebody drove into him or why the insurance company isn't sorting it all out.

That part is a mystery. Likely because someone is making a handsome living out of taking on arguments that have no logical bearing and either keeping a good share of the profit if they win, or the "legal insurance premiums" if they don't.

the insurance company is taking care of it.

their solicitor says it will probably end up as a '50/50'

I contacted the police on the day of the incident - as there were no injuries or damage to third party property (road signs etc) no record was taken.

I hate driving but its my living and theres no way out of it until a miracle happens...

+++Gadro+++ I'll pm you if it goes pear shaped

Back