Fat Chance - Yo Eddy

Cheers buddy

I was really torn (and still am a bit) on the colour for the fork lowers.

I know this is my only chance to AF the lowers but think a contrast fork might look more stylish?

To be honest I’ll go ahead with the matching paint on the SIDs and look out for another set (maybe Pace?) for the contrast look.

Have you got a thread for yours?

Still no idea what I what for mechs and shifters?

M900 mechs, thumbies & tech lite or similar levers

null_zpsd63d0013.jpg

WWC":1xcnxxfs said:
Cheers buddy

I was really torn (and still am a bit) on the colour for the fork lowers. I got my Manitou 3s with 4 parts S/H. They are FCC prepainted AF and the patina and colour perfectly matches the factory original AF main frame, which is lucky. I'm gonna keep it as is for now and hope to ride it when it's built over winter and maybe respray next spring.

I know this is my only chance to AF the lowers but think a contrast fork might look more stylish? Do both IMO.

To be honest I’ll go ahead with the matching paint on the SIDs and look out for another set (maybe Pace?) for the contrast look. I have a set of Pace RC 31 Ti forks in black carbon look which look fantastic and ride so sweet with the Yo frame. The design quite mimics that Yo original form look but they are lighter and stiffer with a lovely feel to them.

Have you got a thread for yours? I will get round to it. Got a lot on at the mo. Everything is still in boxes :facepalm:

Still no idea what I what for mechs and shifters?
I will go with XTR M900 as I just prefer the look of them to the later incarnations. Other parts are all black Syncros look, thumbies, black Graftons, black Ringle hubs on sunset rims. Was going to avoid the boutique stuff but when you start flicking though other's builds you just can't help it :LOL:

hey, i have one of those BICI front hubs in silver that was given to me. never did find out if it was authentic or not, as there's very little detail i could find on the web. the only pics i found had only engraved hubs, instead of reflective decals. yours is the first i've seen like mine. i posted it up here on RBUK but never really got an answer:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=184020

file.php

Hi there

Cheers for the post, any input on this mysterious brand is welcome.

I’m personally not concerned about the authenticity angle as people only tend to counterfeit well-known brands.

If someone were to go to the trouble of CNCing something that complex they’d do Paul mechs (not a bad idea!) not the least known make I’ve come across.

Also if you CNC copied a whole hub you wouldn’t finish it with a sticker would you?

More likely they were done in small batches and the processes varied?

One site I saw said they are swiss as opposed to Italian which adds up as there is a boxed one on ebay that says ‘Made in Switzerland’.

Love all this stuff!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 632
Cranks in the bag, Middleburn RS8s.

Want to get them ano finished in relevant colour.

Back