FAT CHANCE returns???

Elev12k":65s7g1ur said:
Who's gona make it a bit cloudy? Do we get full carbon fiber Eddys from China? Slap decal on, viola => Yo Eddy ? :shock:

I know thats how a lot of people felt when the onza name was sold on & ended up on trials bikes.

scant":1tmsw4xc said:
Elev12k":1tmsw4xc said:
Who's gona make it a bit cloudy? Do we get full carbon fiber Eddys from China? Slap decal on, viola => Yo Eddy ? :shock:

I know thats how a lot of people felt when the onza name was sold on & ended up on trials bikes.

Don't think onza ever had the cachet Fat did though :LOL:

John":2blzllax said:
scant":2blzllax said:
Elev12k":2blzllax said:

seen any cheap white onza porcs recently...

The point about Onza was that when it went bust, everybody went their separate ways and nobody thought to make sure that they continued to own the name. So SuperCycles who to be fair had done a lot of business with Onza found that the name was owned by nobody and there was nothing to stop them registering ownership of it for themselves.

Is the assumption here that Chris Chance was so p1ssed off with making mtbs for a living that he didn't bother to retain ownership of the biggest name in mtb? And his ex-missus is thus able to make a Yoko-style career out of that name? Does she have the skills, knowledge and experience to run a mtb company?

Incidentally, we haven't yet seen how the new Breezer line of mtbs is going to look, have we?

Anthony":rb1n12l3 said:
The point about Onza was that when it went bust, everybody went their separate ways and nobody thought to make sure that they continued to own the name. So SuperCycles who to be fair had done a lot of business with Onza found that the name was owned by nobody and there was nothing to stop them registering ownership of it for themselves.

I think the assumption is that when a brand name gets re-used the new product will be rubbish & the lovers of the original brand get massively dissapointed. this hasnt been the case. the old timers remember & appreciate the original & the new schoolers know the new brand.

new Vs old ibis being a classic example

tiboltrider123":qkl2arae said:
They'll probably mess it up like Pace have done :twisted:

to be fair, pace couldnt have got any worse..
but as i've just said above, if you love a rc300 then you probs dont care less about the newer stuff :D

scant":st9qdkpi said:
John":st9qdkpi said:
scant":st9qdkpi said:
Elev12k":st9qdkpi said:

I can only assume you are playing 'devil's advocate'? Or are you seriously trying to compare the work of fat city cycles with onza :LOL:

@Anthony

Like the yoko analogy ;)

John":act944y9 said:
scant":act944y9 said:
John":act944y9 said:
scant":act944y9 said:
Elev12k":act944y9 said:

I can only assume you are playing 'devil's advocate'?

moi? ;)

scant":3ljo33xs said:
I think the assumption is that when a brand name gets re-used the new product will be rubbish & the lovers of the original brand get massively dissapointed. this hasnt been the case. the old timers remember & appreciate the original & the new schoolers know the new brand.

new Vs old ibis being a classic example

I don't think many on this thread are making assumptions. More interested in what (if anything) the new 'fat chance' will turn out.

Back