FAT CHANCE returns???

do you realise how frustrating seeing that is?!

my planned retro build for this year was gonna be a yo eddy aquafade but knowing that i just can't help myself i'll end up buying and building a retro eddy then buying and building a modern eddy just coz then they'll match!

aaarrrgggghhh!!!! someone help me!!! it's becoming a compulsive disorder!!!!!!!!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

but seriousley i will end up doing it!!!

John":70wkoc84 said:
How old was that post? Went back through rody's blog a few weeks but couldn't find it?

Wonder if and/when we'll find out more. Also wonder if those on here who claim to have the inside track on such things know anymore ;)

you own this site john, how come you dont know already ;)

Considering its prominence in retro mtb, it seems to me that Fat Chance is discussed very little in these pages. I don't think I've learned much about them here, certainly not as much as I'd like.

Lets's see if the following understandings/misunderstandings provoke any illuminating response:

1. Chris Chance is now a masseur?
2. the last Fat City employees who initially went to Independent Fabrications left a good while ago, so there is now no link between Independent fabrications and Fat Chance, aside from some stylistic similarity?
3. who are 'the first lady' and 'W'?

Found the post, curse my phone browser.

scant":2b60yyc4 said:
John":2b60yyc4 said:
How old was that post? Went back through rody's blog a few weeks but couldn't find it?

Wonder if and/when we'll find out more. Also wonder if those on here who claim to have the inside track on such things know anymore ;)

True, i do own the site ;)

However i make no claims about being personally acquanted with those namechecked in a roundabout manner in that blog. Unlike others posting on this thread 'eh Scant ;)

Regardless of who knows who and/or what be interesting too see what they come out with (if anything). Let's hope it's a suitable reincrantion of the brand. No mention of Chris Chance on that post though.....

John":5vinjczy said:
Found the post, curse my phone browser.

scant":5vinjczy said:
John":5vinjczy said:

True, i do own the site ;)

However i make no claims about being personally acquanted with those namechecked in a roundabout manner in that blog. Unlike others posting on this thread 'eh Scant ;)

Regardless of who knows who and/or what be interesting too see what they come out with (if anything). Let's hope it's a suitable reincrantion of the brand. No mention of Chris Chance on that post though.....

:LOL: I dont see the big deal in knowing wendyl, most people who bought FATs before the shop closed knew wendyl.
Chris moved on from bikes a long time ago. common knowledge, not a secret.

Anthony":26hp3spy said:
Considering its prominence in retro mtb, it seems to me that Fat Chance is discussed very little in these pages. I don't think I've learned much about them here, certainly not as much as I'd like.

Lets's see if the following understandings/misunderstandings provoke any illuminating response:

1. Chris Chance is now a masseur?
2. the last Fat City employees who initially went to Independent Fabrications left a good while ago, so there is now no link between Independent fabrications and Fat Chance, aside from some stylistic similarity?
3. who are 'the first lady' and 'W'?

FAT history massively discussed on fatcogs.com
last I heard Chris moved to California and is a message therapist, into Reiki.
rolys answer is correct.

this thread reminds me of when Ibis made its comeback & how dissapointed the VRC crowd was that it wasnt making any of the previous models. the scot nicol interview in STW mag was pretty funny.

scant":2kdsncr4 said:
:LOL: I dont see the big deal in knowing wendyl.

:LOL: me neither.

Maybe rody will have some more info at some point. The post certainly pointed to a 'rebirth' along the lines of mountain goat as opposed to ibis.

I take that with 1st lady is meant not Michelle Obama, but (S)wendyll. I can only say do not pay in advance ...you might never get it !

Who's gona make it a bit cloudy? Do we get full carbon fiber Eddys from China? Slap decal on, viola => Yo Eddy ? :shock:

Not really surprised the name makes it appearence though. It is not 1st old make that they breath new live into. Moreover the name has been available since '02 or so, so if it wasn't Wendyll it could have been everybody.

Back