Fapping Tyres

Magura Comps - Essentially DT Onyx hubs on DT rims but branded Magura.

Just wanted something different + the hub sounds ace :D

I actually think its the rim though not the tyre thats the problem :oops: :roll:

letmetalktomark":l8iav0jv said:
I actually think its the rim though not the tyre thats the problem :oops: :roll:

I would say so cos I put Porc II's on with my bare hands, and take them off. I think once I needed one lever for a last push and that was a cheap GRP lever...

Some rim / tyre combinations are a pig to fit, others the tyre can be fitted using thumbs alone :?

i agree with wu though, the park levers like those pictured aren't great, i find their blue ones to stiff and therefore brittle and their black ones too soft! the most recent good ones i have found are the ice tools ones from windwave, they seem to have just the right amount of stiffness to actually do the job! i used to have some raleigh ones from bitd but they have since dissapeared. :(

i found the porc reissue tyres easy to fit but as has been said before rim/tyre choice can make it harder.

i used to get stressed with some customers bikes though, has anyone ever fitted those dutch perfect no flat tyres? certain rims they can be absolute f*****g cu**s!!!!!! hate them!!

i must be really lucky coz i have never struggled with a tyre. i dont own tyre levers!

Back