fake/replica Precision Billet Proshift rear derailleurs?

It's a Chinese fake, 4 rear derailleurs were made this September, the guy even raised a crowdfunding. At first he estimated the retail price would be around $90 in mass production. But there was little respond to his crowdfunding, then he only made 4 and he said he had spent $3000 in "R&D", so it became the price we see in Ebay right now. Here are some pics in detail:

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 1,043
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,043
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,042
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,043
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 1,043
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,042
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,042
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,043
Mofofo":28skofnr said:
chinese or not, for less than 100€, I take it..

Very true and nothing wrong with it either.
Im sure there are many here with the knowledge to make their own, but the biggest problem stopping that is having the machinery and tooling :?
Sorry, that should be having accurate machinery and tooling :LOL:

Re:

Wow, that's amazing! Thats a bloody good copy, not sure how R&D could cost that much when he probably sent them a mech and said 'reverse engineer that'.
That said, the stuff in Toronto cycles is not fake

Re:

That looks like a really good job, 'orchestrated' at least by someone with some passion for it, surely.

I wonder what the alum' is? ..the originals were 6061 so nothing fancy - but we're all familiar with Onza's (crappy 7005) HO's cracking... It doesn't really want to be corroding around those tiny bolt holes that hold the thing together either

Re:

That I doubt; the Chinese would look at that and say 'no, this is some sort of school boy error, we'll fix that'. Maybe we should get a Chinese factory to remake bullseye cranks with 22mm bearings and metric bolts

dyna-ti":1afj2i8l said:
Mofofo":1afj2i8l said:
chinese or not, for less than 100€, I take it..

Very true and nothing wrong with it either.
Im sure there are many here with the knowledge to make their own, but the biggest problem stopping that is having the machinery and tooling :?
Sorry, that should be having accurate machinery and tooling :LOL:

He reassembled an original derailleur then 3D scanned it, he said the accuracy reached 0.015mm.

ferrus":1afj2i8l said:
That looks like a really good job, 'orchestrated' at least by someone with some passion for it, surely.

I wonder what the alum' is? ..the originals were 6061 so nothing fancy - but we're all familiar with Onza's (crappy 7005) HO's cracking... It doesn't really want to be corroding around those tiny bolt holes that hold the thing together either

I am not sure what alum he used, but he changed with all titanium springs and bolts , the pulley used SKF bearings. In his plan, there would be carbon edition too.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 985
Re: Re:

pete_mcc":3vuh80fd said:
That I doubt; the Chinese would look at that and say 'no, this is some sort of school boy error, we'll fix that'. Maybe we should get a Chinese factory to remake bullseye cranks with 22mm bearings and metric bolts

I know nothing about custom made bearing, but I think it's just a piece of cake for the bearing producer. Type "custom bearing" in Taobao.com, Chinese biggest auction site, there are nearly 4000 results, they provide any size and any amount custom service, and of course in reasonable price.

I quoted for custom made seal of the old Marzocchi fork before, it only takes $160 for 100 pairs.

Latest posts

Back