Fair weather bikes?

Do you have a bike you only take out when its dry and nice out?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No all of em get used whatever the weather and terrain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I dont see any harm in having nice bikes for good weather riding, and others as winter mud/hack bikes.

I now intend keeping my RTS clean and polished, along with my Zaskar LE. These will be used if the going is good/fair. Yea, I use my bikes, but I dont want the mud and grit to ruin my favourites.

The rest of the troops will get used in all weathers.

I brought the Pro-Flex on a whim to use as my winter mud hack, and my other Zaskar will be built with an LX spec to also be an all weather bike.

If you have a lovely retro machine, why abuse it if its not absolutely necessary?

I've voted yes, because the Colnago C40 doesn't go out in the rain. Well more specifically, i don't go out on a road bike in the rain :LOL:

Nooooooo use things for what they are meant to be used for ;)

After all you can always rebuild things :shock: :shock:

jag31.jpg

DSC_0341650x435.jpg

i'm the same as pickle, use some, polish others! the 07 clockwork and st4 get used the most depending where i'm riding wet or not. the old clockwork will be mint and saved for the perfect weather or event, the aluminium O is for riding to work but will be restored next year and then we'll see, the c16r does get used a bit but i wouldn't mind getting it dirty and the kona is retro for riding and as of yesterday on the IOW i really liked riding it and i think would make a good winter bike just becuse i can't ruin my reba's on the clockwork if i'm not riding them in the crap winter weather and it rode and the simplicity of rigid and 21 speed just makes sense in the dirt and grit! the crosswork gets messy quite often and the d2 only goes out in the dry but i use the crosswork with road tyres in the winter.

think that covers it! :D

of course if it started raining while out on a garage queen i wouldn't get all upset, i'd just carry on :D

but i am a cleaning freak when i get them back home, any of them, usually the cleaner they are the better they ride and the longer the parts last!

jonnyboy666":317xr6zv said:
i'm the same as pickle, use some, polish others!

of course if it started raining while out on a garage queen i wouldn't get all upset, i'd just carry on :D

but i am a cleaning freak when i get them back home, any of them

Yep, thats right.

I mean, at the weekend it was dry when I went out on the Zaskar LE, but halfway in it started to rain. I didnt speed home in floods of tears :LOL: But, if it was raining before I set off, I'd have taken a different bike.

But, every bike gets washed post ride :cool:

Pfennig":1kf70mh5 said:
here are some pics from last sundays ride, an array of retro bikes including my Orange and Ziggy's Fat Chance. The mud just shows they've been enjoyed!

They'd have been a lot muddier if it hadn't rained... Maybe we should have taken a pic of all our shoes :LOL:

They look just the same after a clean, & if a bit of mud's going to ruin a bike I've got to question what the heck's wrong with it!

lewis1641":1kf70mh5 said:
i currently can tbear the thought of my kona getting damaged at the minute! it will get ridden though.

off topic - that vw caddy looks nice. you got any more pics?

Yeah, somewhere! It's just my daily hack (I do have a fair weather car!), but it's kinda cool & rather useful! I'm in the process of knocking up a bike rack for it actually, so I'll stick some pics up when that's done I'm sure. :cool:

daj":2hl2l8ub said:
Nooooooo use things for what they are meant to be used for ;)

After all you can always rebuild things :shock: :shock:

*Pics os smashed mint classic racer*

After an experience day, I considered turning my rare rusty Kadett wagon into a Rally car :shock:

I'm not the sort of person to have precious shiny stuff anyway but do get sentimental.

TBH I think I will have a thrash on the Muddy Fox, - after all should do what it says on teh tin innit.

Thinking about it my moderns I have not cared for after each ride so religiously, building a classic makes ya think about caring i suppose :idea: :cool:

I voted yes, tho technically the Fair Weather Rider is not finished yet ;)

The rest of the rigs get ridden whatever the weather, there just something about getting a respray and NOS parts that makes it hard to slam it thru a sodden forest :? But it will get ridden when drier times come around again :twisted:

Back