Fair weather bikes?

Do you have a bike you only take out when its dry and nice out?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No all of em get used whatever the weather and terrain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thats why I have just brought the Pro-Flex, to be my winter muddy bike along with the Tempest. Then, I can keep the Zaskar and RTS as my highly polished bling bikes :cool:

If I had a garage, my RC200 would be its queen. I dont so take it out ocaisionally when the conditions are right so as not to muddy (too much) the white tyres. I am also not toocomfortable on riding it any where too rough just yet, the thought of damaging some of the bits on it is still a huge concern.

My Marin has pretty much been placed in retirement, it offers nothing the others cant do, but its mine since new so I look after it.

My others all get used though. RC100 for street riding, epic for distance, KHS for clowning around on and the epic for longer rides and tom foolery.

I have bikes that are earmarked as fair weather bikes....but they all get ridden anyhow, no matter what the weather :roll:

as an example, my 'garage queen' DBR was at the Peaks meet this year!!

if i wasnt a fair weather rider then they would get riden in all conditions.
but alas i cant stand getting cold and wet :? :oops: :LOL:

Nope, they are there to get ridden.
The only exception is the Litespeed road bike, and that's because I like the tourer with wider tyres when there's leaves and grit all over the road.

I built the cannondale with all the bits I wanted from BITD, was always gonna be used as a cruiser.

as nice as the idea of having a fair weather bike is, I gotta say if i want to go out, I'm going out mud or not!

And the mud is surely one of the more fun bits, otherwise you may as well stick to tarmac.

here are some pics from last sundays ride, an array of retro bikes including my Orange and Ziggy's Fat Chance. The mud just shows they've been enjoyed!

Attachments

• New Forest 2008_10_26.jpg
    New Forest 2008_10_26.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 790
  • New Forest 2008_10_26 2.jpg
    New Forest 2008_10_26 2.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 790
i currently can tbear the thought of my kona getting damaged at the minute! it will get ridden though.

off topic - that vw caddy looks nice. you got any more pics?

My bike is still not finished anyway, got a pimp Excellent condition Ti Flite to go on, and now bronze wheels and NOSish tyres :cool: its certainly shaping itself as a sunday best mobile, meanwhile sorting my Raliegh out, after all importantly I did like it out in the hills, yet to try out the Fox and be convinced by it.

I think I'll take my shiner out a few times, mostly for mucking about on in the 'summer', just seems like an extreme time to try it out right now!

I thought after spending hours on the zaskar I wouldnt want to get it mucky ... But hell thats what its designed for and does it bloody well !! :cool:

DSC00504.jpg

Back