facebook...........................no more for me

Re:

I couldn't if I tried as I run eight groups/pages and a registry.... people would be pissed right off if it just suddenly stopped, and as it's a great place to bring like minded geeks together, I wouldn't want to stop being a part of fb.

Facebook Is the reason I don't spend much time on forums these days.

al.

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":2k4u40c9 said:
Well, if Al is the mastermind behind Facebook that is a convincing argument.

I'm not even the mastermind behind my own mind.

al.

Re:

I toyed with the idea of leaving as I was getting fed up of seeing what people were having for their tea, and that little Johnny had used the potty for the first time today...yawn....

The discovery of the 'unfriend' button was a revelation. Can't see the problem with any of it if you use it properly and in the way you want, as in, to keep in touch with people on a social basis that you might not otherwise get to see very often. A family funeral 5 years ago and a few of us said, hey let's keep in touch via FB, now I get to chat to cousins and the like that I had lost touch with completely otherwise.

To me it's a tool, no more, and I still get out and see 'real' people on a regular basis. And I organise that quite often through facebook!

I should add at this point that I only have 19 friends :LOL: and all I ever post is pictures of where I've been on my bike and some others taken from the tops of hills mostly, that the relatives back in Brum think are amazing as they don't know what a hill is....

I tend to stay away, reading more than posting. Marin Man still crops up now and again in his obsession with me - banned from seeing my FB page as far as I'm aware.

Never been on facebook, twitter, etc. Friends and colleagues seem to be obsessed with it.

I've got no interest in it at all.

Not sure why all this stuff is called Social Media, I'd class sitting alone in front of a computer or typing on a table as Anti Social.

I'll close the door on the way out.

Currently sat in the sun in the Alps .... Don't miss it, didn't even garmin today's ride! Must be getting more relaxed with age. Did see a couple of older bikes ripping the trails which was cool

Back