facebook...........................no more for me

Re: Re:

REKIBorter said:
I had a 'friend' cull a while back. No point in 'friending' people you don't know or have no connection with. Also the spammers - game requesters, stupid 'pass-it-on-or-else' posters, etc where go rid of.

Now have a smaller group of friends who are actually quite interesting to share views with. You were on it Chris![/quote

I know dude, this is the sad part, not having uber access to folk i want to see etc. But it was nice to go out for a meal with work colleages and not feel tempted to check owt. Quite sad how many do when you sit back and watch.

Sounds like a few luddites on here.

Once you work out how to use Facebook (takes all of 5 minutes), your garbage content drops to almost zero. Probably less than you get from just glancing at the front page of any tabloid...... And all without pissing anyone off by deleting them.

Re:

FB does have its good side too. Have created a group to bring together members of an organisation from the 50s through to the 90s. Have shared many memories and brought together some old friends who had been out of contact for decades.

Planning a reunion for 2017, should be fun!

I use it to keep in touch with friends around the world. Only have people I know personally as friends, and ignore the shit.
We also have a few closed groups used to arrange rides etc.
Can be a bit annoying at times with random rubbish appearing, but on balance a lot more positive than negative.

I know how you feel Longun: I'm not well in the head ( seriously: I have paperwork to prove it and everything) and it can be a horrible place: sucks you in to all the hate that people can post ( much of it inaccurate or even downright lies ) and can leave you with a desperately empty feeling of "Gods, the world is horrible" I left it alone a while ago, I went back, but having broken the habbit of constant checking I only have a bit of a poke every now and again and use teh messenger. I also made a new account when I went back and was VERY selective about what I signed up to.
Good for you, you'll keep feeling better all the time :)

This is not a rant at people who CAN do FB, by the way, I wish I could but my brain doesn't suit it and gets mired all too easily :)

cheers dude

logged into my job account today while waiting to interview someone, just for a quick thankyou and well done to some lads who came in and completed early but looking through stuff i doubt ill be rushing back, but if i do itll be very retrobike and mates from bitd from plymouth orientated

Re:

Walk away and stay away buddy, it's the devils spawn!

I have been faceplant free since 2010 and don't miss it.

Seen it ruin lives with lies and hate.

Facebook, like any social networking site is full of BS but if you use some common sense it's pretty useful. If I see something I don't like and it's repeatedly from the same person, there's some handy features called unfriend or hide or block ;)

Back