F H GRUBB FRAME DECALS

Re:

Spoke to Steve at HLLOYD today and he told me the FHGrubb with 'Limited' in the underline tail was copied by Nick T from an original.

Would be very interested see an example of the original that it was copied from. The whole purpose of this thread was to resolve this issue. When I spoke to Nick about this a while ago he informed me that the decal was originated from the cover of a Grubb catalogue.

Re:

Have just spoken to Hilary re the Grubb decal. He says that the underline tail with 'Limited' within was copied (by Nick T) from an original frame that had been sent to him, (Hilary), for restoration. It and the catalogue were/are of the same design. I think that leaves us with three designs available from the mid 30's to early 50's.

Re:

Though this does'nt help with your problem I thought it may be of interest ? It dates from 1937. Mike.

Nice to see the full specification added. Note the Webb steel brakes - I do not think that these were branded - maybe another reader may be able to answer this ? - and the 'Osgear' mech.
I would be interested to know which publication this appeared in.

I am certain that the Grubb V-C C marque enthusiast would like a copy of this. Any chance you could get a decent scan from the page ?

Back