Exhibition of Geoff Apps' Cleland bicycles near Tring on Bucks/Herts border.

GrahamJohnWallace

Retrobike Rider
Cleland Fan
Feedback
View
There will be an exhibition of Geoff Apps' Cleland, Highpath and English Cycles bikes at Pitsone Green Museum near Tring on:

*Bank Holiday Monday 29th August 2022

And...

*Sunday 11th September 2022

(Both 10:30 am until 4:30 pm) These are museum open days so as well as the museum's exhibits there will be classic cars / commercial vehicles, stationary-engines, and maybe some military vehicles and traction engines.

https://www.pitstonemuseum.co.uk/ The Museum Adult Entrance fee is £9

The Geoff Apps bicycles on display will be six early Cross Country Cycles dating from 1980 to 1988
P1000080.jpg

and a modern Cleland Landseer from 2016.
Landseer2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for flagging this, I am currently local and have a bit of free time on Monday, not sure my 3 year old will appreiate it but he'll be over the moon if he can see a fire engine :)

Thanks for flagging this, I am currently local and have a bit of free time on Monday, not sure my 3 year old will appreiate it but he'll be over the moon if he can see a fire engine :)
No Problem.

If there are no classic fire engines at the museum you could always start a fire. 🚒

Failing that, they do have a section of Lancaster bomber he can play with. :cool:

No Problem.

If there are no classic fire engines at the museum you could always start a fire. 🚒

Failing that, they do have a section of Lancaster bomber he can play with. :cool:
Good to meet Rod and family at the museum. Luckily there was and old fire engine, so we didn't need to set fire to the museum.:)

P1050791.JPG

P1050801.JPG

The 1980 Cleland Range-Rider in the foreground reminded a number of the older visitors of their old 1960's and 70's homemade 'Tracker' bikes. I think it must have been the wide cow-horn handlebars that triggered their memories. They talked fondly of modifying old bikes for off-road use by fitting Avon Skidway Gripster cycle-speedway tyres, lowering the gearing and fitting the fore mentioned handlebars. One visitor recounted racing his fixed wheel 'Tracker' bike on a cinder track at Hemel Hempstead. 'No helmet and if you came off you the cinders would take the skin off . But you just brushed yourself down and got back on.'

I will have to keep the bikes clean for the next museum open day on Sunday 11th September 2022. Though look forward to getting them muddy as soon as the drought ends. Maybe I will organise some rides before the 40th annual Wendover ride on the 4th of December.
https://clelandcycles.wordpress.com/rides/

Back