Evil sodding rotor bolts.

Glad to here that you managed to get them out.

Some people go a bot mad with Loctite - I've never had an issue with rotor bolts coming loose, so only use a tiny amount. Isn't the blue stuff pretty strong?

Blue stuff is middle isnt it? I think red is the stiffest? Not sure on white that i have seen on some rotor bolts. And then green is weaker?

I dont actually use loctite on mine. Although most come with it already on. Never had any trouble.
I have had troublesome bolts though. Now i try my best to be careful when doing them up and undoing them. Use a tool with good edges and such. I find if they are even just a little rounded, just throw them. Not worth the hassle. And they are cheap.

Hmm your probably right but i thought it would have been an m4 tap.

you can use an M4 tap or even smaller, but it you want to clean the threads as opposed to the taps dropping through the hole without doing anything, then M5 is the standard size on 6 hole disc brakes. :LOL:

PS if you are after some rotor bolts, I have many sets due to replacment by Ti parts. PM me if ever so lsightly interested =most are torx head but there are some with hex head.

I only use a teeny bit and don't do the bolts up too tight.

Only reason I use a bit is habit after I had issues with the old style Hope bolts worked loose a few times. Happened to a mate and it somehow broke off part of the hubs bolt hole.

Back