Everyone has their Raleigh era, which one were you?

Raliegh 'Arena' racing bike. It was too big. But i would grow into it. Never did :LOL:

I had one of these:

strika.jpg

but it was second hand when I got it - even had the previous owner's name etched in to a brass plate on the top tube :shock:

Soooo heavy :!:
I once rode it downhill to a friend's house and walked home 'cos I didn't want to ride it up the hill.
To be honest I was glad to see the back of it.
After that I had a Raleigh racing bike of some kind. Dunno what model 'cos it was resprayed and decal-less.
Friends had Burners and Mustangs so it must've been that era.

had lots of hand me downs and car boot bikes had a nasty raleigh mustang that was the worst bike ever it was a 17inch frame and was miles to big ow and i had a kids size with a target on the chain gaurd wow i forgot about that one then my dad got me my first trials bike £60 at the car boot a real mont the same as hans rays i loved it till the chav b&£!ard down the road stole it and sold it for spaires dont wrry i got my own back lol his motor bike fell over ha ha ha :LOL: :cool: :LOL: ps need a nestalger emoticon please john

Wrote off a mates Grifter in the early days but didn't own a Raleigh until I got my Dynatech 2070 (Mission).

had a lizard second hand in the shop two weks ago as a trade in had a lot of nice stuff on it syncros black seat pin was mine 2 seconds after the bloke left the shop thow lol sold the rest for £60 as was clean as a whistle boss loves me now :LOL: :LOL:

My parents bought me a second hand Burner, had gold coloured coating over the chrome which I picked off.....CW bars and everything :D

Only other Raleigh I've owned was a pink/purple fade Mustang years ago, found it in a skip and cobbled it into a BMX type singlespeed thing, lethal!

Always remember going into Halfords and looking through the catalogue at the Techniums, bought a Scott instead though and never looked back!

Stu

My folks got me a burner out of a catolouge for my 10th birthday :D
Also had a racer but can't remember what one,when i was about 14.
Never owned a raleigh mtb.

Back