Ever done this -top 10 albums?

Re: ...

ratbane":31c4mn1l said:
Neil":31c4mn1l said:
REKIBorter":31c4mn1l said:
Rush - Moving Pictures
Rush - Permanent Waves
Two great choices there - probably my favourite Rush era. Might include the bastard-love-child, Signals in all that. I prefer that era to some of the earlier albums - where I'd listen to all of these, albums like Hemispheres and 2112 I'd perhaps only listen to a couple of tracks.
They ARE only a couple of tracks. ;)
FPWM.
ratbane":31c4mn1l said:
Hemispheres was my first Rush gig, and is still my favourite album by them.
There's some class tracks in those earlier albums - Working Man, Finding My Way, In The Mood, The Temples of Syrinx, Xanadu*, Closer To The Heart, The Trees.

I also really liked Grace Under Pressure and Power Windows. The albums after that is where I gradually drop off interest again...

(* so famously covered by Olivia Newton-John....)

Quite eclectic but my top ten would be:

Metallica - Master of Puppets
Pink Floyd - Dark side of the moon
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Prodigy -Experience
808 State - Ex:El
REM - Out of time
Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast
Jimmy Chamberlin Complex - Life Begins Again
Faith no More - Angel Dust

Neil":1smiafsv said:
ratbane":1smiafsv said:
Neil":1smiafsv said:
REKIBorter":1smiafsv said:
Rush - Moving Pictures
Rush - Permanent Waves
Two great choices there - probably my favourite Rush era. Might include the bastard-love-child, Signals in all that. I prefer that era to some of the earlier albums - where I'd listen to all of these, albums like Hemispheres and 2112 I'd perhaps only listen to a couple of tracks.
FPWM.
ratbane":1smiafsv said:
There's some class tracks in those earlier albums - Working Man, Finding My Way, In The Mood, The Temples of Syrinx, Xanadu*, Closer To The Heart, The Trees.

I also really liked Grace Under Pressure and Power Windows. The albums after that is where I gradually drop off interest again...

Today on Planet Rock Geddy Lee confirmed Rush are coming to the UK in Spring 2013 :D

d.s.o.t.m. - pink floyd.
number of the beast - iron maiden.
at the sound of the bell - pavlovs dog.
farewell to kings - rush.
in the land of grey and pink - caravan.
the point - nillsson.
time robber - omega.
three parts to my soul - dr z.
9.30 fly - 9.30 fly.
the bends - radio head.

REKIBorter":nm6b95h2 said:
Neil":nm6b95h2 said:
ratbane":nm6b95h2 said:
Neil":nm6b95h2 said:
REKIBorter":nm6b95h2 said:
Rush - Moving Pictures
Rush - Permanent Waves
FPWM.
ratbane":nm6b95h2 said:

Today on Planet Rock Geddy Lee confirmed Rush are coming to the UK in Spring 2013 :D

I've seen them on every UK tour since Hemispheres, with the exception of Snakes and Arrows, for which I had 3rd row Toronto ACC tickets. Ive got Toronto tickets again this tour, 14 Oct.

I shall be part of the NEC tickets bun fight when they are released. :roll:

1. Isis - Oceanic
2. In the Absence of Truth
3. Isis - Panopticon
4. Isis - Wavering Radiant
5. Isis - Red Sea
6. Isis - Mosquito Control
7 ...

:D

Without going through my records just under the influence of all previous posts i can come up with this three albums:

Type O Negative - The Origin of the Feces
The Cure - Mixed Up
The Sisters of Mercy - Some Girls Wander by Mistake

After looking at my collection for a while here are seven more albums that should be in every collection in my opinion.

Niagara - La Vérité
Isaac Hayes - Black Moses
Beastie Boys - Pauls Boutique
Public Enemy - Yo! Boom Rush the Show
Tim Dog - Penicillin On Wax
John Lee Hooker - The Healer
Dire Straits - Money for Nothing

Every time i try to put a list like this together i feel like i'm failing again and again and again. Owning somewhat between 6000 and 7000 records i can tell this list represents quality but there is no explanation why there is no James Brown or Bob James in this list..or any other genius. To sum it up my list is totally pointless. It's is more a list of suggestions in case you don't know what record to put on next.
:D

Not necessarily in this order and it changes by the week , but these are always up there
1 Sweet - Give us a Wink
2 Ian Hunter - You're never alone with a Schizophrenic
3 Led Zep 4
4 ELO -New World Record
5 Beach boys- pet sounds
6 Genesis - Duke
7 Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
8 Floyd - Wish you were here
9 Jethro Tull - Heavy Horses
10 Paul Brady - Hard Station

ratbane":3bn7i006 said:
I've seen them on every UK tour since Hemispheres, with the exception of Snakes and Arrows, for which I had 3rd row Toronto ACC tickets. Ive got Toronto tickets again this tour, 14 Oct.

I have seen them on the Signals, Hold Your Fire, R30, Snakes & Arrows and Time Machine tours. Got really good seats for the S&A gig at Wembley. Dead centre - row 2. The ticket bun fight is always nerve-racking. Misteroo got a corporate box through his employer at the O2 for the last tour, so perhaps we should tap him up and let a few fellow RB's in too.

REKIBorter":h13rumhw said:
ratbane":h13rumhw said:

I have seen them on the Signals, Hold Your Fire, R30, Snakes & Arrows and Time Machine tours. Got really good seats for the S&A gig at Wembley. Dead centre - row 2. The ticket bun fight is always nerve-racking. Misteroo got a corporate box through his employer at the O2 for the last tour, so perhaps we should tap him up and let a few fellow RB's in too.
Would have loved to see them on the Signals tour - or maybe around the Moving Pictures / Exit Stage Left era.

Saw them at the NEC (think it was - it was a long time ago...) as part of their Hold Your Fire tour, but I guess that was 'cos I was a fan by then, rather than really being that into Hold Your Fire.

I know they toured after Grace Under Pressure, I have the video / DVD - but did they tour just after Power Windows?

Latest posts

Back