Even badder man

Re:

It's a 91 ish. (carrera had vague product years back then. ) I started working for halfords then and that's what was in stock when I started. There was a catalogue that listed all their bikes ( there was a nexus equipped hybrid and s couple of road bikes too ) as well as showing off the halfords racing team. It was full colour landscape format, and I wish I had a copy. The poster above is entitled to his opinion but I built and sold hundreds of the things, they were mostly good value, and good quality. Things started to deteriorate after 92 but even then a couple of the 93 and 92 models were made by saracen and were great bikes for the cash. Overall though the 91s were my favourites.

Re:

I have a spare Kathmandu frame and it is just as well built as anything I have had from boutique brands

It's hardly surprising really, I think many of the branded bike frames for Marin, Kona, Scott etc. were made in the same factories in Taiwan.

My unknown Tange Ultimate frame had the exact same "Made in Taiwan" sticker on the headtube as my Marin and there are many similarities, cable stops, cantilever bridge, seatpost clamp etc.

Still don't know what it is, but love it all the same. :D

UK14.jpg

Back