Etape Caledonia - 80 odd miles with hollow legs

rusty bodie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
a few shots of my suffering in the recent etape . . 81 miles and most of it on my tod!

and across the finish line, dying a public death in 4 hours and 45mins . . :oops:

on the bright side, i got some great comments about the old retro gear!

:cool:

Re:

You are smiling in the first pic, the smile seems to disappear a little as the pics go on :)

What bike were you riding, I cant make it out on my small screen :?:

Re:

Can't see the pictures here at work but I'm mightily impressed by your average speed.
These days I'm chuffed just to finish 80+ miles!

Mark.

Re:

Nicely done :cool:

I think I spotted you coming in - I was at the finish cheering on my g/f ( I chickened out of this, having done the Loch Ness Etape the previous Sunday :oops: )

Kudos for doing on such a fine steed too!

Re:

it's an old eddy merckx corsa extra in the 7 eleven guise. columbus SLX and several pounds heavier than most of the bikes that whizzed by me, i can tell you! never mind, it's my aim to be able to post something around the 4 hour mark on my old bike - it's just a case of getting the engine working better, that's all.. :facepalm:

here's one more taken at the finish - my two chums both posted times around the 4 hour mark which is surprising since i'm sure that i look much faster than both of them put together... ;)

:shock:

Well done mate!
Looks like a great day out. I would say a nice ride but every rides a nice one on a Corsa Extra ;)

Jamie

Jamiedyer":mozihwt4 said:
Well done mate!
Looks like a great day out. I would say a nice ride but every rides a nice one on a Corsa Extra ;)

Jamie

thanks! it's true, jamie - i'd never ridden an eddy merckx frame in my life and did this legend get it right when it comes to comfort!! it's like cycling in a big, fast armchair!!

:cool:

I've got one of those jackets along with matching wool hat and gloves. Sadly I think it's probably going to be a bit t-i-g-h-t when I next try it on...........

Good ride in the event - I'm impressed!

Old Ned":3veferqe said:
I've got one of those jackets along with matching wool hat and gloves. Sadly I think it's probably going to be a bit t-i-g-h-t when I next try it on...........

Good ride in the event - I'm impressed!

matching wool hat and gloves - WOW!! nice find. :cool:

my jacket was a bit tight when i bought it too, but many retro runs later and it's kinda baggy on me now!! never mind, got this to squeeze into now that the weather is starting to improve . .

:shock:

Latest posts

Back