Erzulie

Nice to see another of these. I like mine a lot. It came with Rockshox Indis but the colour scheme (cream and blue) never looked right to me. Light though. Now wears Pace RC36 bought cheap. Also used Z1 bombers on it and that rides fine with risers for steeper/bigger bumps with a short (70 mm) stem. Looking forward to seeing your build progress. Have fun.

Re: SHE LIVES!!! Muhahahaha

Got to love these late night finishes.

Apologies for the awful pics. I will do a better one.

Have to say that this isn't the prettiest, necessarily, but I love her. I have broken my arm on this one due to my stupidity and a dirt jump at Delamere over 10 years ago. But she is truly awesome.

Special thanks goes to LGF for his timely original fork supply skills.

For those that would like to know:

Frame and Forks: '97 Voodoo Erzulie
(well I believe the forks are also that era, apparently it was 97 only when the Orange colour was done and the original colour of the forks is orange)
Rims: Araya
Front Hub: WTB Momentum Grease Guard
Rear Hub: Shimano Silent Clutch
Brakes: Avid Single Digit 3
Levers: Avid Speed Dial 5 (I love these levers. Totally rebuildable)
Seat Stem: Tahoma
Handlebar Stem: Kona
Bars: Easton EA30
Grips: Clarks. White. Very white.
Cable: generic supplied by Black Dog P.
Seat: SDG easy wipe.
Crank: M440.
Ring: Hope Thick Thin.
SS conv: Surly Singluator.
Tyres: Michellin Mountain Dry 2.

Attachments

• voodoo.jpg
    voodoo.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 228
  • voodoo2.jpg
    voodoo2.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 228
That looks a great fun bike to ride but i'm a tad jealous over the colour as it looks good enough to eat Yum!! ;) ..

Re:

Aye. Thanks for the comments of appreciation. The forks are a good find. Had a ride to bed everything in last Saturday (see pic) to make sure everything was ok. Turns out the rear sprocket was just worn enough to cause the chain to jump (I can't run the Singuleator the opposite way due to the chain length half a link too long) and the headset was notchy.

Ended up with a puncture due to the Schwalbe Rim tape on the rear shifting slightly and the tube seemed to had split on the edge of it?!

So new black FSA headset, Lite Stick stem in black and Surly Cog later and all is well again.

Think black wheels are in order to complete....I did see a hope single speed wheel on ere somewhere....

Attachments

• voodell.jpg
    voodell.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 165
here are your forks on the original bike - it was sold on with some Manitou xvert after this B&W piccie

Attachments

• voodoo erzullie.jpg
    voodoo erzullie.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 151
Back