Eroica Britannia or L'Ancienne 2018?

Re:

Wow. You are a deeply unpleasant man. That’s another thread killed stone dead. Well done!

Re:

You're the deeply unpleasant man, there was no need to post the comment you did on this thread. There's enough reporting in the media about Brits abroad - including in the cycling press - so stop being an arse.

You continually stalk me on this forum seeking confrontation - suggest you stop.

Rk.

Re:

I don’t propose this being a long conversation but it deserves a reply.
Your initial post followed mine - that not stalking.

I actually thought your assertion that Brits would spoil an event was a bit of a sweeping assessment. I found it offensive so I called you on it (this is a forum after all). You could have responded with an explanation of why your view on Brits abroad is so dim but you elected to throw your toys out of your pram. Get over yourself.

As I said, you have killed the thread so I am unsubscribing from it. Feel free to have the last word. You know you want to!

Re:

I've been in this conversation before, but the only recent media reports of drunken behaviour and cycling was when the french fans threw piss at Froome. Not that I dislike the french, having had many a pleasant evening doing the small talk over beer with them, but you need to let go of the "Brits on tour" reputation. This is not the 1980's with everything that happened in football back then. The worst behaviour I saw this year at Majorca were German youths paraletic in the streets. Yeah, them boring, disciplined, controlled Germans. We're all the same pal - factions of all nations are an embarrassment, but the majority are good. Be proud of being British when you take your bike abroad - we've reached the highest levels in road and track cycling through hard work ... just don't rub their noses in it

Re:

I've re-read my posts and I think they're proportionate TBH. Hey-ho, I suppose that's forums for you. They're relatively anonymous and posters can be more direct than if they met you in person

I'm off to do both this year l'eroica will be my second time and the first for L'Ancienne. Wasn't a big fan of L'eroica but I did enjoy the ride and amazing bikes on show so it's not something I'll attend every year. I was supposed to do L'Ancienne last year but had to postpone so I'm really looking forward to it as it's only down the road so to speak.

Back