Eroica 2023

I suspect the genuine enthusiasts felt marginalised and have given up and the Aston Martin brigade aren't seduced by camping in a remote field and have moved on to the next sexy thing.
So they no longer have a viable market

Eloquently put and my thoughts exactly.
It is quite sad that actual enthusiasm for the history is so poor especially south of country. My friend parked a 60s curly hetchins at our bike shop/cafe last year. Nobody even noticed.

The Eroica brand is forever tarnished in this country now I suspect. Money first, bikes second. Period.

What happened last year? Was it at Goodwood? Did it even go ahead in the end?

Edit: seems not.

It is with great sadness that Eroica Britannia has been postponed until 2023. The event was due to take place on 6-7 August 2022, but a number of logistical and supply chain challenges have made it very difficult to deliver the world-class event we’ve all been looking forward to.

I think @pigman 's analysis is spot-on. The more successful Eroica events (Gaiole, Valkenburg, to name two) very much tap into local bicycle racing history and culture, which pretty much secures local support and enthusiasm.

I'd have thought there'd be more emphasis on time trialling and cool black outfits at Eroica Britannia.

The early Eroica Britannia events looked pretty cool. Definitely were on my vintage travel bike ride bucket list

The first (Maybe second) up at monsal head was a great day out. After that it became by a complete farce with wallet and willy waving being the order of the day. Best intentions were at the heart of it, but as with all these things it grows to something else. Shame but at least there's still malvern.

Back