Eroica 2016 : Report and Photos

• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
Not even that more like 200 tons :facepalm:
it would take 4545 articulated tippers to deliver 200,000 tons :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

kingbling":hxz91v5w said:
Not even that more like 200 tons :facepalm:
it would take 4545 articulated tippers to deliver 200,000 tons :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Maybe they meant grams.

Nice report - the final stop on the 30 was Thornbridge Hall though - not Haddon Hall. Instead of seeing Luciano, we got a chap dressed as Evel Knievel on a Raleigh Chopper (fair play for riding that thing).

I agree that the organisers were way underprepared. We arrived at about 5:30 on the Friday and didn't get in until about 7 (extremely long tailbacks on the main road). The camping 'allocation' seemed random and chaotic, annoyingly, sleep was spoiled by the brightness and generator noise of a portable lighting tower and were a long way from the wash/toilet facilities (and a long trek into the festival too).

The ride was pleasant, sociable with good banter (we just did the 30 miler on tandem and 2 solos). I worried about how some of the less well-maintained bikes would fare on the descent into Eyam - I heard a couple of tyres/tubes go bang! Thankfully, at the bottom of the hill - possibly as a result of overheating rims
We went last year and really enjoyed that but this year not as much, we felt they had way over what they could reasonably cope with (perhaps assuming all would be perfect and didn't have a useful contingency plan).

One of the pleasures is mooching around looking at everyone else's bikes, but because the festival area was so muddy, most (sensibly) kept their bikes away from all of the gloop.

I don't think we'll bother next year though.

Mr Moss":bljq60yt said:
Nice report - the final stop on the 30 was Thornbridge Hall though - not Haddon Hall.

Thanks for that ... correction made.

Mr Moss":11ghmpjt said:
I don't think we'll bother next year though.

My thoughts too.

Missed the first one as we went to Anjou Velo Vintage which is where we will be heading next June. A group of us was thinking of going to Italy for the proper version in 2017 but the cost will probably stop us and the 2500 mile round trip does not help. So off to France again and maybe Limburg?

Back