Edit: Doug Bradbury Manitou FS Frame

what is the repai on the rear dropout like? i really wanted it but the seller couldnt describe it well enough for my liking! looks awesome in front of a real camera!

If there's a repair on the drop out then I can't find it! Honestly I can't find anything on either. Potentially the only repair is on the rear clamp of the shock where the stantions are held onto the frame. It looks like they were held on by a single bolt and the surrounding metal was machined to within an inch of it's life and there are now two neat welds adding additional material to strengthen. Looks a bit blobby in he pic but it's a lot neater in real life, matches the blobby welds on the brace and cable guides!

Attachments

• Weld.jpg
    Weld.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 1,826
pete_mcc":unxf0ovp said:
I assume you'd happily cover the price I paid in the auction and maybe not so happily the original price.......

How about a swap for a nice Mani 2 version?

On a more serious note, the bottom bracket is a relatively easy fix, as you just machine up a new shaft for a rebuildable BB.

Hub wise you can also make up a wider axle for a standard Shimano etc hub or use a Chris King 145mm Tandam hub if you want to buy something off the shelf. getting the wheel dish and cassette offset for the maximum through of the derailleur may take some fidling but it can be done if you take your time.

I'd say the hardest thing to come by will be the right fork with the 115mm hub spacing which is correct for the bike, but I suppose a standard pre Answer Mani fork will look equally as good.

Good luck with the build :D

pete_mcc":z4jp7n4f said:
If there's a repair on the drop out then I can't find it! Honestly I can't find anything on either. Potentially the only repair is on the rear clamp of the shock where the stantions are held onto the frame. It looks like they were held on by a single bolt and the surrounding metal was machined to within an inch of it's life and there are now two neat welds adding additional material to strengthen. Looks a bit blobby in he pic but it's a lot neater in real life, matches the blobby welds on the brace and cable guides!

well just shows how much the seller knew he said a dropout had cracked and was welded!

I'd hate you, but you're a nice bloke - super score, you git.

I have a pair of Ti nuke proof hubs - the rear of which comes with a selection of spacers - would that allow you to get a wheel in there and dished properly?

Previous owner emailed me to say he had found something in his mates garage that may be of interest, couple of quid later and this arrived:

ytxpmx.jpg

amazing rear hub, seems to be made of shimano parts bolted to a Bradbury made shell - really odd for a boutique hub of the time in that it has a shimano xt freehub on it, and more importantly its a perfect fit for the frame.

Build so far looks to be:

Frame and Forks: Bradbury Manitou (Thanks to MadCowKev for the forks)
stem: Cooks
seatpost: Ringle
Hubs/rims: Bradbury and Ringle with Campag Mirox
Cranks and BB: Cooks (Thanks to Elite for the 140mm BB)
Drivechain and shifters M730/735 XT (Thanks to Manitou916)
Bars: Nitto
Saddle: Turbo
Brakes: FRO/IRD switchbacks with Scott Mathausers
Headset: XT
Computer: Avocet 30
Skewers: Ringle
Decals: by Gil (who else!)

Jammy sod!

just keeps on getting better, I am really looking forward to seeing this one progress.

theboy":i48wu7na said:
good god youre annoying! worth having a punt on these things sometimes eh?

Did I mention he also had a fillet brazed frame by someone call Tubbs, or was it Potts, and a very old bike by some guy called Wind or Storm, no, Breeze, that's it. He's letting me have the lot for £50..........

.......joke ;)

Latest posts

Back