Eddy Merckx Tour de France

I was going to guess that the steel wheel was correct because of the steel bars but a bit of googling turned up a couple more and both had alloy wheels front and rear with that same freewheel protector and Silstar cranks.

As an aside I was slightly wrong about Falcon acquiring the Merckx name. I'm not sure but it was an odd deal with Falcon buying a set number of decals from Merckx and when they ran out that was it.....

It was a very strange setup.... But that was Falcon through and through lol

Re: Re:

tim75":2x21n21v said:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F401776536122

Here's another one on ebay, looks more original than mine.
That one looks more original than the couple I found and better bigger pictures as well becasue the ones I found were from long finished auctions so I'd go with the steel wheels.

Catalogue wise do a google image search for Falcon Merckx.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I have one of these in blue. Had it for about 8 years... It'll be a single speed plodder at some point when i get round to putting it together!

MartinB123":3qk90tp8 said:
I have one of these in blue. Had it for about 8 years... It'll be a single speed plodder at some point when i get round to putting it together!

If you're going to single speed yours, I don't suppose you have the original rear derailleur spare do you?

tim75":1ykq7yut said:
MartinB123":1ykq7yut said:

If you're going to single speed yours, I don't suppose you have the original rear derailleur spare do you?
It went in the bin a few years back, I think it was Suntour or Huret stuff...

Back