EBC Revolution Cuillin Sport

rwm1962

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
The Blue Collar BOTM theme got me thinking of the bike that saw me through from around 2004 to 2017. After a bit of a dark period I found myself at last with some cash in my pocket & went to Edinburgh Cycles to buy a MTB. Thought I'd be spending a grand plus but fell in love with their own brand Revolution Cuillin Sport for about £250. The early days of MTB had passed me by as my interests lay in other more pedestrian outdoor pursuits, although there was the odd article by Carlton Reid or Peter Lumley in the Footloose mags I used to read. I'd had a Raleigh Royal for a while & did some touring but nowt offroad.

Loved my Cuillin. Stayed stock for many years. Then as my son got into MTB'ing it boosted my interest & it got upgraded but still budget forks, cast-off disk brakes replaced V's & I put a 1x10 XT drive train on it. As my sons MTB'ing progressed he ended up racing on a team supported by Orange via a local retailer & I found my interest raised even more when he got a P7 for 'messing' about on. Too big for me so I bought an old one for myself & an even older one for commuting. The Cuillin was stripped & the frame went to the scrap. Always felt a bit guilty about that! RIP

Lad's now riding Santa Cruz but I've still got the Orange bug.

In original spec

Photo0106.jpg

Bar ends, Rockshox & a Brooks All terrain Conquest saddle added.

IMAG0148.jpg

20161227-123241.jpg

& finally in 1x10 mode & upgraded wheels.

20170519-123022.jpg

Back