ebay set to ban negative feedback by sellers.

those new fees are bollox

save 5p on listing, woooo, to cost a fortune when it sells. They are starting to take the piss here. Listing + sales + paypal is getting extortionate

:evil: :evil:

pete_mcc":1n53izpc said:
Never understood why they just don't ban anyone from leaving feedback for a seller until the seller has left feedback for a buyer. As a buyer my role is done once the paypal payment reaches their account, hence I should get feedback the moment that is done rather than once the seller has seen that I've left him pos feedback.

Ive never understood wht the buyer is always the one to leave feedback first.
If the seller doesnt leave feedback for me after I tell them that the item has arrived, I dont leave them feedback at all.

Agreed about the fees - I have been a seller on ebay for over eight years with close on 2000 deals - I'm a big ebay fan but fees have steadily risen and are getting silly now.

Sell a £35 item. Initial fee is £1.15 (with gallery - essential), final fee is £2.60 and Paypal (ebay owned) takes a further 4% + 20p out of the total (£35 + £2.95 post at cost) which is £1.52.

So an item that sold for £35 costs a grand total of £5.27 in selling/Paypal fees meaning a reasonable £15 gross profit comes down to under £10 even before other general business costs are taken into account.

Most established 'bricks and mortar' auction houses will charge a fee of around 15% + VAT = 17.6% or just 89p more than ebay now charge on that same £35 item.

Back