[ebay.co.uk]Lemond carbon

I'm not sure I'd be too worried about the lack of Z logo on the forks - Lemond's actual '91 tour bike didn't have that logo in the Bicycling article I've scanned for you, and I've seen another '91 replica built up that lacks that logo. It could be the fork isn't original but if it's a Kestrel EMS and the paint matches then I'd be happy.

However, the forks do look a bit scratched up from the one photo provided. I'd definitely want to see a whole lot of detailed photos before putting up the cash.

Tim - if you don't get a chance to see the frame in London let me know where it is and I'll take a look next week (I'm based in London). Shame the auction ends on Sunday - perhaps he'll put it up again?

paul_tea":1reldk7m said:
I'm not sure I'd be too worried about the lack of Z logo on the forks - Lemond's actual '91 tour bike didn't have that logo in the Bicycling article I've scanned for you, and I've seen another '91 replica built up that lacks that logo. It could be the fork isn't original but if it's a Kestrel EMS and the paint matches then I'd be happy.

However, the forks do look a bit scratched up from the one photo provided. I'd definitely want to see a whole lot of detailed photos before putting up the cash.

Tim - if you don't get a chance to see the frame in London let me know where it is and I'll take a look next week (I'm based in London). Shame the auction ends on Sunday - perhaps he'll put it up again?

All the photos I've found of the 1991 bikes (which are basically those with Mr Lemond on board) show the Z logo to the fork

LemondYelDelgado91@PhSptsm1.jpg

Although you're right that it isn't necessarily a cause for concern if they're matched. More of concern is the pics seem to show they're scratched up and possibly not a good match.

Hopefully speak to Tim at some point today to dicuss this.

Have asked seller for more pics. Nothing. Am keen on this but not taking a 'punt' nor willing to get bent over.

Auction ended. Was it pulled? Did someone here bag it? Or did it just finish?

waiting to find out eagerly.

Hi John

Got news you dont want to hear its here in front of me, will ring you letter with full story. However not all bad news as I think I have found a shop I will give you first heads up on, they had some 'interesting' ex team rider issue frames you will be tempted with.

Thanks for the offer Paul very kind, tied it up with a day sightseeing

Now got the dilema of what stays and what goes, coal black Z Cromo certainly up for sale and maybe red / white one as well.

Also do I do an exact replica or go 06 carbon record.

Cheers

Tim

Lemond Fan":2x9n5fnu said:
Hi John

Got news you dont want to hear its here in front of me, will ring you letter with full story. However not all bad news as I think I have found a shop I will give you first heads up on, they had some 'interesting' ex team rider issue frames you will be tempted with.

Thanks for the offer Paul very kind, tied it up with a day sightseeing

Now got the dilema of what stays and what goes, coal black Z Cromo certainly up for sale and maybe red / white one as well.

Also do I do an exact replica or go 06 carbon record.

Cheers

Tim

Tim,

nice one on bagging the frame. Glad your trip was worthwhile. Interested to hear how it went.

If you do decide to move this one on (too big perhaps ;) ) first dibs here :cool:

I knew thats what you would say !!! need to sell some bits on ebay to pay for all this as I going to concentrate on the one bike and throw all my effort and money behind that as new C Record is going through the roof....unless anyone has some items they want to sell

No pics as yet, will post in readers bike section, it needs a clean, polish and touch up on the forks otherwise perfect

Will call you tomorrow with the info they had 2 interesting frames :cool:

I have some 8-speed c-record synchro 2 (I think) downtube shifters if you'd like to start the c-record build. I also have various bits of record Italian thread bottom bracket but I suspect your frame has a more sensible threading scheme than mine!

And here are some drop in bars:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCOTT-DROP-IN-ROA ... 19bafe0d5f

You must have drop in bars on a Lemond replica! :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back