Ebay charges 10% fees on postage now

highlandsflyer":1sosg9na said:
I kind of hope they get their comeuppance.

I do think there will be a backlash in the near future. The fees are high and they keep making it harder for the small sellers. The most recent insult is the "Defect Rate" which is the new way that Ebay will rate sellers. If you get a certain percentage of low ratings or someone files a complaint then they put limits on your account. The problem is if you sell less than 100 items a year, as I do, then one rouge buyer who is being unreasonable could really bring you down.

I used to be a reasonably high volume trader on Ebay but replaced it with selling directly through collector's sites.

Now I rarely sell on there, though I buy now and then.

Most motorbikes and vehicles I have bought have been concluded off Ebay, despite most featuring on there initially.

Always feels good to save a seller their fees!

And in saying that I remember this site relies on Ebay for some income so would counter that I use Ebay for many things I conclude on Ebay as well. Oops!

Harryburgundy":vnif4kth said:
I know I am a bit 'off-message' as I have just realised that since September Ebay now charges 10% fees on the postage!
Greedy bastards :evil:

Is this at the point they take their cut on the paypal side. I know they take it from the combined postage and sale cost, didnt know they were taking it from postage on final valuation fee

It seems to be the model in this world that the bigger the company the greedier and less customer orientated they become

Perhaps theres a job vacancy that comes up once a company reaches a certain size. At this point a vacancy becomes available for the sleaziest suck-ass.

My pet hate is the way they change the format of things.
One day i can have a sale and all the tools and page vews will be available and on my sellers page, then the next day disappear. 3 weeks later something else disappears from my page or it gets moved about. Then it comes back again.
When u ask they its 'You can have your seller page as you like it'. Indeed, so stop fking chopping and changing and adding new features i dont want.
STOP IT :x
Their latest 'test' was default payment and postage policies you could save but they became a hassle as not everyone is selling the exact same item repeatedly which may or not cost more post, etc etc.
I put something on last night and all those damned policies have been removed.

EBAY- Getting too big for their own Jackboots.

Dyna-ti

You are preaching to the choir - those are my exact peeves with Ebay. Someday, something will come along to give them some competition, it may already be here in sites like RB.

Steven

lewisfoto":cjyzxqas said:
Dyna-ti

You are preaching to the choir - those are my exact peeves with Ebay. Someday, something will come along to give them some competition, it may already be here in sites like RB.

Steven

We're affiliated with ebay in that we get pennies whenever anybody follows one of the links.
At least i think thats he score here.

Back