Easy Road Ride. Now on Sunday 6 April.

Re: Easy Road Ride. Weekend or Evening?

The History Man":1y4j8lvx said:
What time is luncheon? A hostelry?

Lunch? The cafe already mentioned could be an option. Or, I have some Scotch bonnet chilies that need using . I could put something in the slow cooker ready for our return.

I am happy to go with time and tide of your choosing chaps. And comestibles.

Re:

I am without Internet this weekend so won't be replying. That Sunday is fine with me. I vote that we don't set off too early in order that THM has plenty of time to travel up. Also, hopefully it'll let the Spring sunshine build nicely.

Which road bicycle shall i bring?

Super Unreliable and very old
Old and Untried ish
Newest and reliable

The weather will also influence this.

Re:

I think reliable? Or, possibly the middle road. You do want to consider what the roads are like. On one section a mountain bike wouldn't be a bad call and we do have one river crossing! I'm hopefully collecting some new wheels next week and won't be in any rush to change the cyclo-X width tyres.

For the most part, the roads are OK though. My wife is but an emergency phone call away should the worst happen. In fact she had to rescue my stricken bike last weekend.

Please advise so I can bring an appropriate contribution to lunch. And PM meeting point and a contact number just in case.

Fanks

Re:

All sounds good to me. Is that time OK for THM? My daughter has gym so the rescue vehicle might be delayed should the worst happen. On the bright side I have done that ride many times with only a few punctures in total. Oh, and my crank fell off once!

What type of chilli do you fancy? Can do chicken, vegetable or good old fashioned beef. Let me know, I'll need to soak the beans!

Re:

OK, so anymore for this? I have decided on beef chilli for après ride. There was some nice looking organic stuff that is now in the freezer ready to go.

I hope I can arrange picking up some new wheels in time!

Back