Early Sunday wake up!!

Leighcal

Retro Guru
Usually I'm not one for mornings and hate been woke up! However, this morning I got to have a laugh to myself that made it worth getting up. Woke up at 6:15am went to little boys room and heard a knock at the door! Wondering what I'd done wrong this time I had a sneaky look through spy hole in front door, was my neighbour? First thoughts were that he wanted me to move car so he could get out or whatever. So, opened the door to a extremely intoxicated polish man. He had lost his key and only way in to his flat would be through my house and over my balcony on to his. It's only 2nd floor so not too high. Anyway we take down chicken wire/wire fencing that's used to keep pigeons off our balconies to gain access to his balcony. I didn't have a bar or anything to prize door open so we made a joint decision just to get hammer and smash glass panel. Luckily he is a builder by trade and has his own company so replacing or repairing any damage wouldn't be too much fuss. His wife is on holiday with their 2 kids and he told her he was going home to bed at 10pm last night! We've all been there I'm sure at some point?!?! Anyway access was gained and he got in. He's probably sleeping now and will most probably wake up in a few hours wondering why there's a bit of a draft coming through his flat then see the broken door/glass. So I got to have a laugh and a smashing start to my Sunday.
One thing I was surprised at was strength of the glass in the door!! It took a good few blows with hammer to break glass.

Has anyone else ever had anything like this happen?

Re:

I'm sure that Farage chap has had similar experiences with his foreign neighbours, and was just as obliging! :LOL:

Mebbee

Re:

Never heard of ye olde "drunken neighbour lost key when wife is on holiday" ploy to break in and rob a house :facepalm:

Back